The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my ns4g and besides missing NFC I love this phone and aosp jb looks good on a 4.5 sa+ screen :D

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I finally broke down and got one... Bought one through Craigslist for cheap, but the data wasn't working, even though the ESN worked. I spent several weeks trying to get it to work but finally the sprint guys said to just use the Asurion coverage, which cost me another 100 bucks. I've finally switched from my Palm Pre. Not totally content yet, but it will do. It's definitely speedy and I've already rooted and am running ICS, which I thought would be like the Nexus, but no, it's got the touchwiz, which I am not totally thrilled at. It will take time, I know.

Don't know if I found out or not but u can use sprint id to get stock ICS

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

mewikime

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Got mine two hours ago from Best Buy.. I went in for the free LG Viper 4G LTE which was showing as being in stock but they couldn't find one.. On the way out I told the wife we'll check Staples which is next door, and one of the big managers overheard us and asked if we found everything okay.

Told him, "not really, but it's not a big deal", he asked us what's wrong and we told him, and he said let's see what we can price match for you... First thing he offered was the Galaxy S2, so I said okay, but I'd prefer the S3 cause it's LTE.. he said he couldn't do that it's too big of a price difference, so I took the S2 and got it knocked down from $99 to free! :D

So I'm pretty happy.. would have taken the S3 if he'd have let me, in fact I was debating whether to wait until Black Friday when it's on sale for $49.99

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah by that time lte is gonna be in effect in the inner city of Chicago and its not limited to new customers either :beer::D

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch using Tapatalk 2

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
A little late, but I have had mine for about 1 month now, and loving it! I came over from an HTC EVO 4G. I would have loved to get the SIII, but since i was still under contract and there is no 4G in my area, I couldn't justify the extra $$ for an off contract SIII. Found a pretty good deal from a local guy who had his for 3 weeks before his company gave him a cell phone to use.

So far I have rooted my phone, but left the stock ROM.

kgthekid03

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for about 6 months now but I finally just rooted it yesterday... So we will call it yesterday.. Thinking about running CM10 on it, will be browsing the forum today to see which one is best to use.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Co-worker of mine just got this on Saturday after upgrading from his Optimus S. So I will be looking over this forum a bit more considering I am pretty much his tech support. He decided on the E4T due to the fact that it was only $49.99 at Best Buy and he liked the overall look of it better than the other devices he was looking at that were in the same price range.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine new today and wow am I impressed I had the lg viper but wow this phone is amazing!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Cort

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Epic 4g Touch even if they calling it Galaxy SII.
Got it at Best Buy on sale and i got the Titanium color XD. I must say that its way better than my old LG Optimus S which gave me to much problems....
Either way im happy with my new phone.

John Alexander1

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm all in!!!

Just got my phone last week for $200, brand new in box never used (no taxes/fees/handling charges). Now on a service with no contract!!

Excellent phone so far. I'm coming from Samsung Rumor Touch without data plan so just getting used to all these apps and email etc. So far so good. Looking forward to learning more all the time!!

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
We ordered ours only yesterday, a black one for me and a white one for my wife, as a free upgrade from our carrier. So, no drool just as yet but I'll come back and update this.

2012-01-28 1426 PST: UPS shipping label created. Created! That means the distribution center has only printed out the label, and not that it's really on it's way. Moreover, although the carrier's headquarters are a few hundred miles in another major city in my state, the shipment will originate 2000 miles away. Arrg! I just had to watch that YouTube review and then read on here about drooling, so now I'm impatient to the point of distraction.

2012-02-01 1656 PST: Arrived a couple of hours ago. Looks great but haven't had a chance to use it yet...now to root.

2012-02-01 2328 PST: Turns out this is better in many ways than my carrier promised. 2G RAM rather than 1G as I'd expected, ICS already running instead of just being upgrradable to it, and DL speed on my WLAN possibly even faster than my PC. 4G/3G not so much but then I already knew it wasn't that great from home.

Last edited:

Sprucecycle

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my Samsung S2 from Virgin Mobile and I couldn't be more pleased. As a former postpaid customer of Sprint it's just great that a top flight phone like the S2 is available on their prepaid subsidiary.

I'm coming from the HTC One V and I actually prefer the LCD2 display but not the constant lagging so the S2 and its excellence was quite the liberation for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364902790582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364902790582.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 23

Wolf Fhang

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Epic 4G Touch last night from Best Buy for free because I was due for an upgrade, after updating to Jelly bean and fiddling with some settings to get everything to my liking I'm loving the phone :D