The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Jaxon727

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday at Best Buy, they only got 2 in and I got the last one. Tried the day before (Friday) at a closer Best Buy but they wouldn't give me the price match from Wirefly because it said it would ship Tuesday so it wasn't in stock, they also had only 2 and I was holding the last one with someone drooling behind me, it was hard to put it back. The second store Saturday didn't blink at the ship on Tuesday notice and gave it to me for $149.95...very happy.
This is my first smart phone so i have a lot to learn, so glad I found this forum, looks to have a wealth of knowledge.
BTW.. according to the user's manual that was linked from this site a few days ago, the E4GT was suppose to come with a 2gb sd card installed, some how I don't think I was the only one disappointed not to find one.

Unklekeg

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Picked up mine about 3 hours ago from the Sprint store. The display model was out, but apparently, I was the first one to ask for the Epic Touch, which I found mildly shocking. Then again, with the hype going around with that-phone-I-won't-mention, I'm not entirely surprised, either!

After wheedling and deedling with my 1st-day Pre for almost the last 2 years, this phone is a breath of fresh air! Fast, light, and quite perky. Sadly, I do miss WebOS, as I find myself trying to do things as I did with my Pre, but I imagine there's an adjustment period. Quite happy!
For those webOS converts: get wave launcher. It helps ease some of the withdraw.:)

vyness#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on launch day and I haven't been able to put it down! Coming from an EVO 4G, having all the app space is a breath of fresh air. I got so tired to seeing the low memory warning on my EVO. The screen on this phone is beautiful. I was nervous at first, due to the resolution being relatively low (on paper), but in person, I have no complaints about the screen at all. The colors just pop and text is very easy to read. I love the custumization that Android allows (I also have an iphone 4 for work and get so frustrated with how boring the user interface is).

The camera on this phone is also great. I think I can now really replace the point-and-shoot camera that I usually carry around in my purse. I do wish it had a physical camera button, but I'll get over it.

BIGCOIN#AC

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally was able to gat mine last night at Radio Shack in Old Bridge NJ. The staff there made it an easy exchange. I like the phone alot so far, takes some getting used to coming from the evo3d but I feel this phone is so much better so far. I thought I would miss the 3d but i really dont. Now i just have to purchase a case/holster for it.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Opened and Charging! :)

Unfortunately got home too late to have WF activate it. :(
Charging.jpg

So nice to see the charging port on the bottom of the phone, where it belongs. ;)

migglez

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on its release day.. Friday 9/16. Went into Sprint store a couple days prior after deciding on the Galaxy S II, didn't realize that only the older keyboard version was available at that point. I had been reading reviews from dozens of sites, watching comparison/benchmark videos that showed this phone's stellar performance ( In your face iPhone 4!). It beats out just about every phone out there! :cool:

So I had made an appt to pick it up ( Sunday) yesterday cuz I didnt think I would have the time before then. I put a "deposit " down on it on Wed the14th , meaning I bought a $50 Sprint gift card that I could apply to the phone as sort of a guarantee that I would be back to pick it up. So they put one aside for me I practically flew to the Sprint store as soon as I was able on Firday.. cuz I could not wait. I have pretty much been on it it every available waking moment since then. The first night I got it, I almost fell asleep while playing with it, had dreams about it, then woke up and was right back at it.

I may just advance/enhance my Andorid experience by learning how to root, but I don't want to mess up my beautiful baby!

Stats
Purchase Date: 9/16/2011
Purchase Price: $199 ( - $38 credit for my old phone.. so $161)
Purchase Location: Sprint store
Android lover/user : 2 years
Smart Phone experience: 2 years
Previous Phone: Samsung Moment
Samsung user: 4 years
Sprint customer: 10 years

screenshot.png

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I picked up mine on Friday and have been playing oops...working with it ever since.

This thing is FAST. On my 'n' wireless router there is vertually no delay whatsoever in opening pages and downloading stuff. Amazing. Big gorgeous display, super colors, high capacity storage, what a beast. I bought the Evo 4G the day it came out June 2010 and had been impressed by how good that one was. This Samsung is very much better than the Evo. You gotta see it to believe it. Also got $87 credit for my Evo....so the cost was only $112. Not bad.

But I will be buying the extended battery as soon as it's available.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
If you call Sprint on the 16th.. You might be able to get them to let you upgrade Earlier.. My other phone was eligible to upgrade until Oct 1st as well.. But when I spoke to them on Friday they said that on Sunday I would be able to. All you have to do is ask and see what they can do.. I did it when I had the damn Hero. I got off the phone and go my EVO.. Which my other number is currently using.. So try that.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Tried that and no luck.

Vegas_AMG

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly came through although their 2-day air took 4-days. Activation was a real chore but finally got it going. Fast, snappy and a brilliant screen. Coming from a Moment and just got the wife an Epic 4G as she wanted a keyboard. I recently got the rooting bug I can't want to try "unlocking" these 2-phones.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Got my Epic 4G Touch today! Had it preordered through the sprint store since I wasn't around this weekend and they had it nicely sitting and waiting for me to come and pick it up. Sales guy was really nice. He sold it to me for $150 out the door since I told him wirefly has it for 150 tax free. Only problem is I can't really use the phone yet cause I don't wanna remove the sticker that protects the screen and no one seems to have the invisible shield in stock for this phone yet! What are you all using for it? I don't really wanna use a case since I mainly bought the phone for the thinness. So far from what I can tell, it seems amazing!

rowdymoose

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got shipping confirmation from wirefly today, and should have it in hand tomorrow!!! Coming from the EVO 4G. When folks do the buyback program, do they look to see what condition your phone is in, or do they just give you the full amount from the quote?

Also--assuming if I'm rooted (running CM7), I'd need to return to stock before returning, or do they even care?

blk_ex

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
WOW!!!!...I already have the 3d Evo and now in 2 days I will have my Epic 4g touch(that name is too dam long to type)..how AWESOME!!!!...is that

bss8083

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I got my Epic 4G Touch last night and I already love it :D I had a HTC Hero which was pretty awful, so this is quite an upgrade for me! Now I just have to figure out what all this phone can do!

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Battery life? Im hearing 8-10 hours..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

battery life for me so far has been ridiculously amazing compared to my Evo 4G. Of course the Evo was pretty terrible so that doesn't say much. Talked on the phone for probably an hour and a half and run all kinds of apps and music and lots of other stuff yesterday and still had like 1/4 battery life. I had to try and kill my battery at night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch