Change the stock home buttons?

Pun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
New to Android, coming from WebOS...My girl has an EVO 4G and she can change her home buttons, for example she uses Go SMS and can replace the stock messaging button with Go SMS...is that possible for the Epic Touch? It just bugs me a little bit to have the stock SMS button there for no reason if i'm using a secondary SMS app. I'm still figuring out Android so if this is a simple task i apologize for being a newb, but I can't figure it out.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You can change three of the four dock apps, but cannot change the Applications button.

To do this, go into your Application drawer,hit the menu button and select Edit. Hit okay on the box to change your grid view to "Customizable". Then hold your finger on the app from the app drawer you want in the dock bar and drag it down to the bar holding your finger on it. With your finger still on the app, hover it over the one you want to replace, and the apps will swap places and you'll now have the one you want on your bar.

Since you're using GoSMS, you may also want to take the leap and give the GoLauncher EX homescreen replacement app a try as well. It gives you 5 dock buttons instead of 4, and has more customization than TouchWiz. TouchWiz is still a nice stock launcher though. It boils down to personal preference.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
JWill72 - you are wonderful.

I just switched one button and it worked! It worked, I say!!
This was one of the very few things I was irritated about, because I didn't now how to do it.

Maybe I won't have to buy SPB Shell after all.