ET4G Made me Love android all over again

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've had this phone since day 1. Before having the ET4G I had the Evo and the Nexus S. Both phones would lag occasionally and would have random hiccups. I always envied IOS and Iphone owners because of the fluidity and smoothness of their operating system.

Now I no longer envy them. Samsung and the Exynos Processor has given me everything I wanted with Android. I now have everything I ever wanted in IOS. Does anyone feel this way? I was going to consider getting the Iphone 5 but not anymore.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope I never once considered owning an iPhone. My wife has one. It looks nice and works great, but it's boring as all hell. I'll always prefer the more open nature of Android. Glad to hear you're enjoying your phone though. Sadly, Sprint's network is not letting it reach its full potential for many people, and by the time they get their act together, it'll be time for a new phone. Ah well, the quest for perfection continues.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nope I never once considered owning an iPhone. My wife has one. It looks nice and works great, but it's boring as all hell. I'll always prefer the more open nature of Android. Glad to hear you're enjoying your phone though. Sadly, Sprint's network is not letting it reach its full potential for many people, and by the time they get their act together, it'll be time for a new phone. Ah well, the quest for perfection continues.

Your right! This phone would be perfection with 4g speeds. I considered tmobile but no exynos! Things will never be perfect! lol!

thepre1

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone but I cannot say I will not consider and iPhone 5. Once it comes out I will have to check it out before deciding. I don't understand why people say the ios is boring. There are so many great and stable apps for the iPhone. I miss hulu plus and the no errors Netflix app on the iPhone. Just about every movie I watch on Netflix it will tell me cannot find some kind of server... and I have to press ok which than the movie stops. If the stable apps on the iPhone make it boring than I understand,lol.

Right now I'm searching for a way to use a headset to make my music on slacker skip the songs and can't get anything. Things like this may keep some from not geting bored but I hate this about android or its hardware.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Try Headset Button Control from the market, should solve your issue. I use it with Pandora, the Amazon Cloud Player, and the stock HTC player. There's a trial version to figure out if it works for you. Imo this is the kind of thing I like about Android, maybe it isn't as friendly or easy to use upon first blush, but you can change and tweak almost anything about it. On iOS it's Steve's way or the highway, if you don't like the stock headset button shortcuts, or keyboard, or whatever, tough.

As for Netflix, dunno what to tell you... I used it for two months on a fairly mediocre DSL connection without issue. Dropped it when I caught wind of the recent changes tho, i wasn't streaming nor renting discs enough to justify the price of either, back to Redbox for me. Might try Hulu Plus soon, do they have the Daily Show on there?

On topic... The Snapdragon S3 can't be that far behind Exynos for Samsung to stake the reputation of the Galaxy S2 name on it. Frankly I'd take the Amaze's camera over the SGS2's display if I was on T-Mo tho.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The first Epic and the lack of HP's support for the Pre brought me to Android and loved it since. This phone just anchors me into it more. Sprint speeds depending where you are at are decent and people should do there homework before buying a phone to then complain about the carriers service. As for the Iphone, it is a great phone and I'm sure that if i were to be given 1 i would use it but i do not want 1 or ever did...

thepre1

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Try Headset Button Control from the market, should solve your issue. I use it with Pandora, the Amazon Cloud Player, and the stock HTC player. There's a trial version to figure out if it works for you. Imo this is the kind of thing I like about Android, maybe it isn't as friendly or easy to use upon first blush, but you can change and tweak almost anything about it. On iOS it's Steve's way or the highway, if you don't like the stock headset button shortcuts, or keyboard, or whatever, tough.

As for Netflix, dunno what to tell you... I used it for two months on a fairly mediocre DSL connection without issue. Dropped it when I caught wind of the recent changes tho, i wasn't streaming nor renting discs enough to justify the price of either, back to Redbox for me. Might try Hulu Plus soon, do they have the Daily Show on there?

On topic... The Snapdragon S3 can't be that far behind Exynos for Samsung to stake the reputation of the Galaxy S2 name on it. Frankly I'd take the Amaze's camera over the SGS2's display if I was on T-Mo tho.

Thanks but I have already tried that one as it worked on all my other Android phones. But no this phone.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't speak to soon..The phone will lag soon enough and the battery will drain soon enough without significant reason.. Wait and see..LOL

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't speak to soon..The phone will lag soon enough and the battery will drain soon enough without significant reason.. Wait and see..LOL
You have had nothing positive yo say about this phone on any thread. If you actually even own the device why do still have it? You offer nothing to help people, only criticism. Why do you continue to troll these forums?

kuriusly23

May 13, 2010
Visit site

JayWill and BJones, I'm having trouble following...

You say that 4G would make this phone more perfect. Well, it has 4G. Sure its not available everywhere, but who cares. Verizon LTE isn't available everywhere either (same with Tmobile) so I'm not sure why the negativity. I currently have the Evo 4G and I get 4G where I get it. And I'm ok with that and its f'ing fast when I do.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
dguidry12 i don't understand. I'm pretty sure your not trying to be a troll buy come on. People here are already tired of your post and helping you will be difficult if you have a problem. You posted about a battery drain and asking if anyone has had this happen to them, I posted in your thread figuring I would contribute to your quest for some help. I come here and you post a joke assuming statement but get flamed. I think it would be best if you post to support the thread and topic or don't post anything just so not to upset people here... Peace...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

You say that 4G would make this phone more perfect. Well, it has 4G. Sure its not available everywhere, but who cares. Verizon LTE isn't available everywhere either (same with Tmobile) so I'm not sure why the negativity. I currently have the Evo 4G and I get 4G where I get it. And I'm ok with that and its f'ing fast when I do.

I might be wrong but I think and understand it this way. Our 4G is at average 4mbs where as other carriers are averaging 12 to 15 mbs so bast on those numbers then If this phone/Sprint were pushing out Speeds like that then it would be a perfect phone.... Hopefully 10/07 will bring us this perfection... :)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I know the phone has 4G of course, and I'm not necessarily saying 4G would make the phone perfect. I'm saying Sprint's data network is behind, and is downright terrible for some people in certain areas. And we're not just talking about 4G, I'm talking about sub-standard 3G performance.

Even though I don't have 4G here in San Diego, I get very good 3G data speeds, so I can't complain. But there are many people on Sprint's network who are suffering, and will continue to do so until Sprint get's their "Network Vision" plan further along.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
dguidry12 i don't understand. I'm pretty sure your not trying to be a troll buy come on.

I didn't think so at first either, but I've changed my mind recently.

That said, we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the Epic 4G Touch sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. This forum is dedicated enthusiasts - not haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forums you will be asked to leave.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...uch/119357-trolling-epic-4g-touch-forums.html

Might have to call you on that soon dguidry12. It's getting tiresome.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I do not troll but what I do is come to this forum to disclose products that are sub par in performance. I do this in hopes of more than a few voices are heard from the carries and manufacturers that they update and fix these issues immediately. As consumers you should DEMAND that your products are functioning as they should and if they are not we should DEMAND an immediate fix.. Maybe if all of us call and complain about the known issues of this product then they will have a fix before the new screwed up 14 day policy ends.. After that time period then theres less motivation for Sprint and Samsung to fix issues because you are stuck with it for 2 years!! get my drift??? Get on bored and stop being suckers for companies that manufacture cheap products in China!! Thanks,

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I do not troll but what I do is come to this forum to disclose products that are sub par in performance. I do this in hopes of more than a few voices are heard from the carries and manufacturers that they update and fix these issues immediately. As consumers you should DEMAND that your products are functioning as they should and if they are not we should DEMAND an immediate fix.. Maybe if all of us call and complain about the known issues of this product then they will have a fix before the new screwed up 14 day policy ends.. After that time period then theres less motivation for Sprint and Samsung to fix issues because you are stuck with it for 2 years!! get my drift??? Get on bored and stop being suckers for companies that manufacture cheap products in China!! Thanks,

Yet you refuse to listen to those of us who have stated, very clearly, that our phones are operating very well. Every phone release is going to have its issues sure, but many of us are not seeing ANYTHING near the problems you've apparently been experiencing. Have you considered that you may have a defective unit? Have you taken it in for an exchange? No, obviously not. It's all the manufacturer's fault, and any of us who are not having problems are either stupid, suckers, blind to the truth, or all of the above.

Still, regardless of what we say, you continue to pound this forum with the same negative opinion, often times stated with the word "FACT", ignoring any attempts at help or anyone who has an opposite experience. THAT, my friend, is trolling.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yet you refuse to listen to those of us who have stated, very clearly, that our phones are operating very well. Every phone release is going to have its issues sure, but many of us are not seeing ANYTHING near the problems you've apparently been experiencing. Have you considered that you may have a defective unit? Have you taken it in for an exchange? No, obviously not. It's all the manufacturer's fault, and any of us who are not having problems are either stupid, suckers, blind to the truth, or all of the above.

Still, regardless of what we say, you continue to pound this forum with the same negative opinion, often times stated with the word "FACT", ignoring any attempts at help or anyone who has an opposite experience. THAT, my friend, is trolling.

You forgot fabricating liars ;)

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I will also contribute to the post.... Before I got this phone, I thought I was tired of having android. I had the evo 4G and 3D. Turns out the Epic touch was a total breath of fresh air and re-energized my love for the little green robot. I guess I was just tired of htc and sense, touchwiz has been great!

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Obviously I must have missed something. Oh, I wasn't aware that this is Samsung technical support. Go ahead, my ears are open and I will quickly ensure I deliver you a perfect product. You can go ahead and stop complaining to all those people that have no control over this anymore and trying to rally troops to your cause.

Speak with your wallet and thoughts to Samsung because your negativity hasn't provided any usefulness here for Samsung making a better product.