Sprint and Samsung are aware of radio issues

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't remember slandering members.
I started thread for those having issue providing Samsung/Sprint contact info and link to thread over at SprintCommunty forums.

When it comes to ignoring cry posters hmm
Pretty hard to do when they post same issue over 20 times beating up device when you trying to help other members with issue , questions etc

Can't control people. You'll be talking till your blue in the face. I just skip over repeat post or ridiculous claims. To each its own

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
You have every right to complain if you're unhappy with your device. And yes it is a "free" country people can respond. I just don't understand forum fights. They're just hilarious and sad in the same breath.

Sling, Jay, I'm not pointing any fingers. Never mentioned names just speaking in general.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So you do think we're lying when we say we don't have reception and heating issues. As I thought.
I've been on these forums since the horrid Pre phone in which the battery lasted for all of 4 hours and people would claim they were getting 15 hours out of it.. then went on to the Evo where people would claim they were getting 20 hours out of it when factually that was impossible for both cases and so YES there is a tendency for some reason for people to justify a purchase or make themselves feel good and fabricate experiences..not saying its you and others but yes many people do this.. I rode a Guy so hard about the evo claims he had to admit that he was using the extended battery ..to me that shameful and miss leading

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Good to see that they've acknowledged this and are issuing a fix. I personally haven't had an issue I can point at since my old Epic behaved the same as this phone, but if my reception gets better that's a win no matter what. Sprint has always been spotty performance wise for me and I've only experienced LOS in one area where my two previous phones (epic, and bb tour) also dropped calls.

tapanzee

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Love the phone but four dropped calls in two weeks, at work and at home. More than with palm pre or droid2. Look forward to rumored update.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
There isn't an argument that this phone is great but you mean to tell me you haven't read any negative responses to complaints from "fan boys"? I haven't personally but I have read a few Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

One of my Questions to people with post of issues with data speeds and weak signal is did you have Sprint b4 or not. Some people like to get phones because their great phones but the carrier is not that great where they live and complain of the service. When really its not the Phone or carriers fault, its the user for not doing the research to see if they would be best going with another carrier. other then that those people who have posted problems were answered back with information from posters here who regularly post and are trying to help.

There seems to be alot of talk about me at this time as I am one that has posted multiple times on the horrible reception issues that affects the phones overall performance and thus effects battery life .. when i spend my hard earned money in a product I demand that it work as supposed to and if it doesn't then get ready for me to make the issue known to the masses in various ways such as forums..I'm not loyal to ANY one of these cheap labor harboring companies and will not accept imperfections..with that said you fanboys that are actually having issues that don't want to admit it can thank people like me later for getting an expedited fix to a WIDESPREAD problem.. otherwise the iPhone would have hit and your 14 days would have been up and all sprints efforts would be put towards that phone instead of ours!!!! The next complaint in the list is the OS bug that's causing my battery to drop 3% in 15 minutes while not even using it. ..I'm glad you guys somehow LUCKED up and got the perfect phone somehow ..but once again you can thank me later
I would say your not wrong for complaining about your issues but your approach in post have not been taken nicely and your responses to some threads , are out right rude. calling people liars based on your non experience with our battery life. If 1 or 2 people say they can get 30+ hours maybe there could be some fibbing but multiple post have stated great battery life, but still don't believe due to your own results.

I've been on these forums since the horrid Pre phone in which the battery lasted for all of 4 hours and people would claim they were getting 15 hours out of it.. then went on to the Evo where people would claim they were getting 20 hours out of it when factually that was impossible for both cases and so YES there is a tendency for some reason for people to justify a purchase or make themselves feel good and fabricate experiences..not saying its you and others but yes many people do this.. I rode a Guy so hard about the evo claims he had to admit that he was using the extended battery ..to me that shameful and miss leading

For your information my wife has the Evo and can go 12+ hours with it depending on what she does with it. And that is the key to it all. Depending on your setup you can manage great life from your phone and the GSIIE4GT is a phone that can manage it perfectly. Again depending on your setup,signal strength &
usage. And i think thats where you get stuck at.

So besides Post like what dguidry12 writes and others like them which are constantly about the same thing and with no change. many people here are great and writs some interesting stuff. I my self have posted things that were wrong and have been pointed out by others of my error , those people were thanked properly.

Topic... It's bad that people are having issues with there radios. I do hope thats its just a software issue,
But if its hardware or if you feel its hardware PLEASE by all means do not keep your phone. Only you know what your going threw with your problems.
On a side note 4 more days for some data information. hopefully its a speed increase and expansion of their 4G foot print.

Reactions: Slingbox

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sprint customer care, a very nice thinking thinking individual which is rare, made clear that as of September 30th Sprint and Samsung were very much aware of the radio issues. They are working on a fix which in his own estimated time was one - two weeks until and update is pushed.

So to all who are in disbelief and or putting down others for their complaints of signal problems, there's your proof. If you do not suffer the fate as a few great for you, seriously but there is a true problem that is being addressed.

I heard straight from Samsung today that they do not think the radio issue is their phone at all, but it's Sprint and they re-directed me to speak to Sprint. Um, I have already...and it's definitely a Samsung issue, as I had a BBerry phone and never had this signal issue.

So, thanks a lot, Samsung. And though I don't intend on dampening the mood, Samsung has no intention of issuing any fixes and are sending people back to Sprint.

Looks like my phone is going back.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I heard straight from Samsung today that they do not think the radio issue is their phone at all, but it's Sprint and they re-directed me to speak to Sprint. Um, I have already...and it's definitely a Samsung issue, as I had a BBerry phone and never had this signal issue.

So, thanks a lot, Samsung. And though I don't intend on dampening the mood, Samsung has no intention of issuing any fixes and are sending people back to Sprint.

Looks like my phone is going back.

Let's hope your wrong. But as of September 30th is when they both decided the radio issue was real. Which is what I was told.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that Samsung would Direct you to Sprint because they can't update the phone without Sprint pushing it over the air. Thats the only reason besides Sammy being straight up rude, they would direct you to Sprint. I just hope they do update it so you guys can really enjoy your phones but also that the update fixes some phones and messes up others (mine) cause that would just sock...

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
yep me too. Nextel flip phone had solid 5 bars. I have called to complain and ask for airaive. But was told they have to watch my phone for dropped calls for 30days. Hmm. After 30 no return.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Something to consider on the poor signal issue.

I read that when EVDO phones have a low signal level they usually go into a mode where they crank up the power to establish a better connection. Since some US carriers including Sprint run on the higher frequency bands, they do not penetrate enclosures like buildings and purses very well. That means that Sprint phones in low signal areas will tend suck more power trying to maintain a connection.

Even worse for batteries is when a phone senses a low signal and switches to analog mode. The current drains are so high in analog mode a phone will often get hot to the touch when running in this mode. Its very important to turn off roaming for data and voice analog mode for the life of your battery. I wonder why many phones default setting is to have analog mode enabled.

The only time analog mode makes sense is if you are in an emergency situation. The battery drain is so high the you only have a few minutes battery life in analog mode.

VegasTom

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Your right Jay. From reading so much here and i like you jay are on her alot . wife says to much sometimes lol . I have yet to see anyone claim the radios aren't back. If anything we defending that we aren't lying about stuff we are doing. ( battery life) . If you never had problems b4 and had Sprint phones and signal was never an issue then you most likely have an issue and need to return your phone or at least contact CS to see if theres a fix they can perform . I feel bad for you guys who are experiencing these issues because it takes away the great experience you can have with this phone. I have had the LOS issue once . the second day i had the phone but never again . third blade doesn't play for me but all my other games do. I hope this fix coming clears up the matter. So this way its just a software and not hardware.... Those of you that are having bad radio issues hopefully you dont give up on this phone for ever. It truly is a monster phone and you will love it.. IMO of course ...

I am swapping mine out hopefully tomorrow at Radio Shack. Having Signal loss on mine.

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
UPS delivered mine 6 hours ago, so far i've been able to download 1 app. Loved it when I took it out of the box, loved it even more after I messed around with the OS (no data attempts) and at this point i'm barely resisting the urge to throw it. What an utter letdown. That will teach me to pay attention when I read large volumes of the same complaint and decide to buy something anyway. Absolutely incredible phone though if it had that data functionality thing so many of the new phones have.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
UPS delivered mine 6 hours ago, so far i've been able to download 1 app. Loved it when I took it out of the box, loved it even more after I messed around with the OS (no data attempts) and at this point i'm barely resisting the urge to throw it. What an utter letdown. That will teach me to pay attention when I read large volumes of the same complaint and decide to buy something anyway. Absolutely incredible phone though if it had that data functionality thing so many of the new phones have.

Hehehehehe..I told you so and you should have listened..I still have the phone and the reception is garbage..And my friend im afraid to tell you that I truly believe its hardware related and not software..Im just to busy to take it back but it will be going back..Its sad forreal that such a great phone is missing the lone phone feature it must have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty