Swype , "I" and "a" after a word no auto space?

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Definitely works on the Beta, but not on the pre-installed version. Now if only I could get the skin from the pre-installed version for the beta...

jparks81

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. There are others complaining of this on the swype forums too.

So what's the difference between swype beta and the pre-installed swype? If that solves the issue, I might install the beta.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had to root the phone and one of the first things, i did was but the beta on.

Other then the "I" "A" issue, the biggest difference is that you can get access to the user dictionay within the swype menu and modify the words...

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had to root the phone and one of the first things, i did was but the beta on.

Other then the "I" "A" issue, the biggest difference is that you can get access to the user dictionay within the swype menu and modify the words...

That might have to be my next step... the "I" and "a" issue was not present on the original Epic, but it definitely is present on the E Touch... and it's annoying... I've tried waiting for a moment before swyping the next word, but that doesn't work either...

jparks81

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
From the Swype forum (posted yesterday):

We have tracked this issue to a very specific version of Swype released on the Epic 4G Touch. We have contacted Samsung about this issue and will be working with Samsung and Sprint to deliver a new version of Swype to your devices via an OTA system update as soon as possible.

Source: Bug Report Epic 4g Touch