galaxy s2 e4gt extended life battery

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
ok how much have tried this battery.
3500MAH Extended Life Samsung Epic 4G Touch Battery
this one saying double the life.

if not this one whats the best one and not hard on the wallet, and will not make the phone to bulky

have anybody else notice every smart phone they pack a bunch of stuff in there that the battery cant support for long and always end up getting up extended life battery. I went through this for the instinct and the pre as well.

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone can help me to make my sgs2 get long battery life?

I was going to go down the road of getting the extended life battery, they are very affordable on amazon and ebay. but I got a system update and the stock battery is performing 50 times better have you done the sytem update?

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I am really pleased with the battery with this phone. I came from a HTC evo which with my use could even last more than 4 hours. Now i can get twice that with very heavy usage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Mortis03

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Dont no what phone yall got my phone will die in 2 hours with heavy usage

+1

Also, when I charge it from my computer, it seems to take longer to charge. The hub I use is powered via the wall, and it claims 2.5 amps, but not sure how much per port or whatnot.

One day, the battery only went to like 80% while at work. Every other day, it usually drops to like 30-40% while at work. I need to figure out it was set up that day. While at work, it mostly just sits there on my desk.

Mortis03

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
how would I calibrate it. Do I have to be rooted?

As far as over charging goes, does it have a smart charger built in? Is it safe to leave it plugged into usb during the day and night?

Thanks.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If you guys overcharge your battery it makes it drain faster. also you should try calibrating your battery

I haven't thought about over charging batteries in a while, what is it again?

would this be considered overcharging? what I do is unplug the charger once the phone beeps for being fully charged (usually reads 99% or sometimes 98%), then power down the phone, plug in the charger till the phone beeps again to notify it's fully charged. then start up the phone and plug it in till it says 100% (usually takes 15mins to 30mins to get the notification to unplug the charger).

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for doing my job for me :). I was gonna post this same thread this weekend, and then I saw that one had already been started. I am also curious about the extended batteries.

However, I'm in a bit of a predictament, because I'd still like to use my desktop docks I have both at home and work. I have tried to keep an eye on eBay and the blogs, hoping that some mfr has a 2200mah batt or something for the SGSIIE4GT, but the highest I have seen is 1950mah that keeps the slim profile. Has anyone seen a larger one, say 2100mah or better that's still slim?

Also, to the OP'er and followers, eBay now has a 3920mah batt avail for around $40. I'd be skeptical of some shoddy craftsmanship with those $5-20 ones.

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
+1

Also, when I charge it from my computer, it seems to take longer to charge. The hub I use is powered via the wall, and it claims 2.5 amps, but not sure how much per port or whatnot.

One day, the battery only went to like 80% while at work. Every other day, it usually drops to like 30-40% while at work. I need to figure out it was set up that day. While at work, it mostly just sits there on my desk.

The USB charging mode only runs at 100mA, regardless of the hub capability. In order to trigger the rapid charging mode (1000mA or 10x faster), the data lines must be tied together. That's how the phone can differentiate between USB and adapter charging. If you're willing to sacrifice a port in the hub to dedicate to charging, all you have to do is put a dab of solder between the data pins and cut the traces that go from the chip to that port. BUT, you lose the ability to do data transfer over that port.

imgp4686.jpg

imgp4684j.jpg

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the 3800 battery and its not bulky. ...in fact It fits nice.. by the phone being so big, there's less bulk ..I unplugged my phone at 550am, its now 1230PM and I'm at 56%...under normal usage but my 4g is left on all day :)

Knoidea513

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the 3800 battery and its not bulky. ...in fact It fits nice.. by the phone being so big, there's less bulk ..I unplugged my phone at 550am, its now 1230PM and I'm at 56%...under normal usage but my 4g is left on all day :)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
While were on the subject of high capacity battery usage and different brands. I bought one of these, Ferocity Samsung Epic Touch D710 Extended Battery and Back Cover | eBay
Received it Wednesday. I fully charged it, let it run completely dead, left it off while fully charging again, then let the phone run down again, charged it again over night and as of now its still operating like a stock battery.
I am going to give it untill Monday to as the manufacturer says (5 charge and discharge cycles to provide full capacity)
Has anybody used a Ferocity battery before?

rickspencer

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the ferocity battery but I did recently get the Trexcell extended 3800 for the epic touch and I'm getting from two to three days of usage. To qualify that I was getting just over a full day with the stock battery. I'm having a hard time finding an external charger that will work with the Trexcell, the contact pins on the chargers I've seen are not high enough to reach the copper contacts on the battery.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I know many people don't want to spend 90 bucks on a battery, but I bought one like this on sale for 60 bucks and it has been worth every penny... Plus I like the look and feel of the extended battery door they offer better than the other cheaper ones.

MUGEN POWER 3600mAh EXTENDED BATTERY SAMSUNG GALAXY S II EPIC TOUCH 4G ACCESSORY | eBay

I can literally get 48 hours of moderate usage in a poor signal area (work). Best extended battery I have ever used...

The same company has a slim 1950 extended battery which uses the same battery door as the original, but I don't have it and can not comment on its life.....

MUGEN POWER 1950mAh EXTENDED BATTERY SAMSUNG GALAXY S II 2 EPIC TOUCH 4G D710 | eBay

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Mugen also has an app to help manage the battery. I have not used it but saw it referenced on another thread when i was searching for info on high capacity batteries.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think a new sticky thread should be added for batteries, everyone post what they have their experiences, price, where you purchased it, etc. and then it would be a good reference for people, since there are tons of battery threads.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty