Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest update?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

_
The permanent |=| key on the far left / bottom row of the phone. Press this while the keyboard is up and you get an 'insert smiley' option.

I would not classify this as an improvement!

Hey spudly, I still couldn't locate it.. Did you mean a persistent equal sign (=) key, since I dont have it on my swype and I did a press-n-hold on all keys and still didn't get any insert smiley option. Can you please tell me the orientation of the keyboard and surrounding keys of the key in question so I could locate it.

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that before the update, I would not be able to scroll left when I was on page 1 of my applications to the last page (and scroll right from the last page to the first page). It now allows me to go from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages inbetween. - so it's continuous I'm 98% sure that wasn't the case before the update.

Chuck Shine

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I haven't updated and my E4GT allows me to scroll from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages in between.

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I haven't updated and my E4GT allows me to scroll from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages in between.

Makes sense! I haven't had the phone long enough, but I must have been confusing it for the homepage which doesn't allow you to scroll from first to last page (and still doesn't). Thanks for clarifying.

JMU_GSII

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed one visual change. When you are scrolling in a menu or on a web page and reach the end of the screen, a blue tint extends partially onto the screen. Has anybody else noticed this?

Edit to add: I thought the title said visual improvements, but just realized my error. Oh well, I'll guess I'll leave this for anybody who's curious.

Last edited:

Lawbreaker

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm experiencing many more call drops while driving in same places where there were no problems before the update. Anyone else?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm experiencing many more call drops while driving in same places where there were no problems before the update. Anyone else?

No call drops so far but signal strength seems to have gone down for me, or at least the reduced number of bars implies so. Internet speed has also gone down as per the speedtest results.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Does this update enable internet calling feature of later versions of gingerbread?

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

Does video chat using google talk count as internet calling? If so, I used it today.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Does video chat using google talk count as internet calling? If so, I used it today.

No, there is full VOIP/SIP calling support that was added to later versions of gingerbread, but the option to add internet calling account is not present under settings, which means it must have been removed by Sprint. Wonder if there is a way to re-enable it.

spudly12

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Hey spudly, I still couldn't locate it.. Did you mean a persistent equal sign (=) key, since I dont have it on my swype and I did a press-n-hold on all keys and still didn't get any insert smiley option. Can you please tell me the orientation of the keyboard and surrounding keys of the key in question so I could locate it.

Taylormah, see the enclosed attachment. While the typing/swyping on keyboard, press <this> to insert smiley.

Reactions: taylormah

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I finally got the update just morning noted just a little faster, but also notice battery drain is faster. I'm going to have to either keep plug handy or get another battery.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Taylormah, see the enclosed attachment. While the typing/swyping on keyboard, press <this> to insert smiley.

Thank you spudly. That would be the menu key. Pressing menu key brings up the option to insert smiley faces in the default messaging app, but unfortunately since this is not a part of the swype keyboard but actually a part of the app, this option wont be there when typing in some other app. Swype seems to have removed the smiley faces key from their keyboard :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87