Bluetooth Call Button Stopped Launching Voice Talk...Any Ideas?

webbiam

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I've had my Epic 4G Touch for about a month now - what an awesome phone!

I only have one minor complaint: my bluetooth functionality has stopped working as well as it once did. When I first paired my bluetooth headset to my phone, it worked just like my last phone (HTC Incredible) - I could tap the call button on the side of my bluetooth headset and it would automatically launch the "Voice Talk" app. It would say "speak now" and I would say "Call XXX" and BANG the call would go through.

This is great for driving (I'm in sales - always in my car) because I don't have to fumble with my phone in order to place a call or launch Voice Talk. It's COMPLETELY hands free.

However, I paired the same bluetooth headset to my work phone (blackberry) and then re-paired it with the Epic 4G Touch about a day later, and since then the button doesn't launch Voice Talk. I connect the headset and push the call button on my headset, but nothing happens. I have to manually launch Voice Talk. The button still functions to end phone calls I'm connected to, but won't launch Voice Talk.

I just bought a new headset that pairs to two phones simultaneously, but I'm having the same issue.

I know it's minor and I can deal with it if I need to, but I'm hoping someone has had this same issue and can offer a quick fix. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Will

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Call Button Stopped Launching Voice Talk...Any Idea

I've had this issue before and it's not fun trying to diagnose the problem either.

It seems to have gotten confused as to which phone it should connect to when pressing the function button. Try unpairing the BT headset from both phones and and factory reset your BT headset. Connect it to one phone at a time, I would say the E4GT first, and see if it works correctly. If it does, connect it to the other phone. Then try using just the E4GT again.

Also try going through the Voice talk settings and make sure everything is set correctly. I noticed that after the update, it changed some of my settings on a few things.

webbiam

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Call Button Stopped Launching Voice Talk...Any Idea

When I got my new bluetooth headset last night I paired it with the epic 4gt first, unfortunately the problem still persists.

I will try unpairing and pairing again when I get home later and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87