Cant wait for HTC one X

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Its great news at Sprint that the HTC one X will be coming this summer. I for one can't wait to ditch this crappy Samsung product that they refuse to fix!! I know for one that the HTC will have better audio and radios as the Evo 3d and Evo had better quality in those departments. No more will I have to deal with the random menu button flickering and causing delays to the phone. No longer will I have to worry about the horrid signal reception it gets, and no longer will I have to deal with a GPS that DOES NOT work!!! They say get the Nexus thats coming but there is no way in H&$$ will I purchase another Samsung product after the experience with the this piece of CRAP!!!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you had so much bad luck with your phone, I had the same issues with the Evo 3d and couldn't wait to get rid of that laggy slow POS. The Epic 4G Touch is the best phone I ever had!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh...then we won't have to deal with you...sweet, we all win

:)

As someone whose never had one problem with the Epic Touch - no gps, not the signal or LoS, no issues with screen...not even battery life...I'd dare say you either had a bad handset - or you just like HTC too much to ever want anything else... Have fun, I had a sensation for exactly 6 weeks, went through three different units and all of them sucked ass. Bad GPS, ty sense slowing things down horribly, random reboots and two that just died for no good reason whatsoever....but have fun with anything made by HTC - I think I'll stick with Samsung phones that work

Slacker

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its great news at Sprint that the HTC one X will be coming this summer. I for one can't wait to ditch this crappy Samsung product that they refuse to fix!! I know for one that the HTC will have better audio and radios as the Evo 3d and Evo had better quality in those departments. No more will I have to deal with the random menu button flickering and causing delays to the phone. No longer will I have to worry about the horrid signal reception it gets, and no longer will I have to deal with a GPS that DOES NOT work!!! They say get the Nexus thats coming but there is no way in H&$$ will I purchase another Samsung product after the experience with the this piece of CRAP!!!

WHAT?
I have an EVO 3D as a back up to my EPIC Touch and the audio on the Epic Touch is much better then the 3D. That goes for the Evo 4G and 3D.
Based solely on my personal experience, the external audio is way better on the samsung products i have owned. Again, compaing the EVO 3D, EVO 4G, EPIC 4G and EPIC Touch.
Phone audio, i give that to Samsungs.
External audio, absolutely goes to both samsung products.
GPS issues, none for HTC some for Samsung. Rooting and custom rom for Epic 4G fixed it and on the Epic Touch the EK02 release was extremely solid.
No other problems with the devices. So the random buttons flickering is all you buddy. Sounds like a bad unit that should have gone back.
Oh and i have yet to experience Loss of Service on any devices. Samsung or HTC.

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Samgsung and htc both use under powered audio chips in there phones, so they are mostly the same, trash. The only cell phones that still have good audio out are the SONY's and they are not running android.

I have to use a headphone amp to get any decent sound out of my HTC EVO 3D and now my touch.

The original Evo had a pretty good audio chip too, but HTC just stop using it in their future phones.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samgsung and htc both use under powered audio chips in there phones, so they are mostly the same, trash. The only cell phones that still have good audio out are the SONY's and they are not running android.

I have to use a headphone amp to get any decent sound out of my HTC EVO 3D and now my touch.

The original Evo had a pretty good audio chip too, but HTC just stop using it in their future phones.

I beg to differ. Sony Experia runs Android.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The Epic Touch is garbage? Really? Far from it. Every phone has its pros and cons. Everything on my phone works very well. Everything I have seen for the HTC one X has been AT&T based speculation. The Epic Touch is the best phone available from Sprint atm. The HTC one X looks real nice, but don't get all hyped up on rumors.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I beg to differ. The audio quality (with high quality headphones) was poor with the original EVO. I seriously hope this 'Beats Audio' is more than some software bass boost....

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I beg to differ. The audio quality (with high quality headphones) was poor with the original EVO. I seriously hope this 'Beats Audio' is more than some software bass boost....

Considering how the beats headphones are themselves, I doubt that the software will really help do much more than that if anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Considering how the beats headphones are themselves, I doubt that the software will really help do much more than that if anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It does more than just boost the bass. It sets the EQ on an s-curve, which is more ideal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I also had the Evo 3d and the audio was the worst on that phone. I like it as a phone as well but my Epic Touch blows the 3d and OG evo out of the water. I've never had a problem with GPS nor signal strength. My evo 3d couldn't even play Google Music with out skipping several times on every song I attempted to play. I can have one bar on my Epic and it plays just fine with no issues.

I don't see why people have to post statements like this. If you have a problem you need help with then post but posting just to spread your problems with out the need or want of help is lame.

bridic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Being an ex-employee at sprint, I have had just about every phone out there, during my employment. I will say that the Epic Touch is the overall best phone I have used. I will also say that I always look forward to all new phone releases as they only get better...no matter the manufacturer. I just love technology.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Very well said. I am the same way. When a brand new device comes out i have been on the band wagon to get one. Started with the Hero, then EVO 4G, Epic 4G, EVO 3D and now Epic Touch.
However this time i am going to wait and only get 1 device with LTE capabilities.
I will wait for Samsung and HTC to bring one to the table and evaluate them in store before i make a purchase.
But if HTC uses a crappy display i will lean towards the SAMOLED Sammy devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana