Facebook Sync to Contacts Issues

aadelman

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
After getting the ICS update and then doing a Factory Reset, I am having issues with the Facebook Sync. All my Facebook Friends pushed to my contacts, but none of their pictures did. I ensured everything was set the same way as it used to be, and I re-ran the sync, and a few showed up, but not all of them.

Also, On my Facebook for Social Hub under my accounts, I get "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". I assume this has something to do with it, but when it does "successfully" sync, the pictures still don't show up.

Is there a way to fix this? I had no problems with Gingerbread syncing to Contacts...

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I do believe that this one the "bugs" that our ICS roll out came with. FB and Google have not had a great track record for playing nice with each other, and it only looks like it is getting worse as time goes on. AFAIK, it is a FB issue, but FB will say it is a Google issue. Personally, I think it's both of their issues.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This was a problem before ICS. The reason you are just now seeing it is that it was a new sync up with facebook. As far as I can tell you have to ad the pics one at a time. It sucks I know.

aadelman

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I ended up un-installing the Facebook app and then re-installed it. Now most of the pictures showed back up, so I am happier. Not all are there yet, but may show up at some point...

Last edited:

biglaw08

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Recently my Sprint Photon lost my facebook contacts. Sprint canot fix nor do they have any answers why it won't sync them back.
Anybody have answers how to re sync them?

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So, the oddest thing occured the other day. I opened up my contacts, and suddenly they all have their FB pics back where they should be. No more blank silhouettes straing at me. The only thing I've done is use my phone. Whatever it was that caused them to come back, I am thankful for it. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87