Need help

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have two interesting issues I need help with. I rooted my phone and now I have two problems. First, my email accounts seen to keep resyncing every day and having to download all the emails all over again. The second is that some of the apps won't install at all. I get an error that says cant install to the USB or sd card. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Your going to have to give us a bit more information in order for us to help you though.

So far we know your rooted, and something's not right. Now can you tell us what method you used to root, what recovery you are using???

Are you using a custom rom and/or kernel and have you flashed any mods??? What OS version are you running, and 2.3, 4.0.x???

The more info you give us the better we can help you.

But... On the email issue... Have you tried signing out of the account on the app(it would help to know if you are using the "Gmail" or stock email app to) and clearing data. Might fix your issue.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just followed the instructions from: [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FF18_CL663858 (FF18 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers So Odin i believe. No just the rooted ff18 4.0.4. As for recovery I think just standerd.

Alright then... few more questions now.

When you ran sfhub's one click did you choose the full restore option or did you choose the sace user data option? Not to sound like a Sprint tech/CS but... You could just need to do a factory reset if you choose the save user data option. Some data from GB doesn't play nice with ICS.

As for your app issues... can you list some of the apps that your having issues with please. I'm running CM9 but I can let you know if they are working with ICS.
Try and remember that there still may be some apps that aren't updated to work with ICS yet.

Did you try out my suggestion on your email issue? Did it work for you?

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Full restore, as for apps the two I can remember off hand are cracked reader lite and minecraft. I know there are a few others but don't remember them. I did what you said for the email but I will have to wait a day to let you know cause it would only happen randomly. I will try and nuke it again later and see if that helps any.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
OK so you did a clean install... Always a good thing to do.

I have Minecraft installed on my Gtab10.1 running CM10 which is Jellybean and it works great.

I just installed it on my GS2 running CM9 and had no issue installing it. Are you trying to install it to the SD card? I can remember where but I think I read something about not being able to install and run apps from the SD card in 4.0.x.

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No it just says can't install to USB or SD. I have the play store on the default settings for installs.