getting bluetooth to work

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So is anyone still having issues with the bluetooth not finding a device or giving the wrong password error? specificatlly with the motorola sd-10hd? The headset worked perfectly fine before the ICS update and now not at all.

apatamal

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
bah, I was hoping this is the fix to not being able to stream bluetooth for more than 20 mins without the phone resetting and throwing the battery off :\

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I no longer have the SD-10HD because I found them to be terribly uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time but I did have BT issues with them even on Gingerbread. I would recommend you try resetting the stored pairings on the headphones. This is usually performed by holding the ON/OFF button like you are putting them in pairing mode and then continue holding for a few more seconds. Up to 30sec or so. This should be like performing a hard reset on the headphones. Then put them in pairing mode again and try re-pairing them.

I found the RocketFish RF-MAB2 headphones to work much better and they are more comfortable. They also auto re-connect to the phone, in ICS, when they are turned on which never occured in Gingerbread. So in my case ICS BT functionallity has improved in ICS over GB.

EDIT- It looks like the Motorola headphones have a slightly different reset procedure. According to the manual do the following:

Reset to factory setting
Caution: This action erases all pairing information stored in your headphones.
Press and hold On/Off and (+) while headphones are on until the status light is steadily lit in blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: omahawildcat

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
bah, I was hoping this is the fix to not being able to stream bluetooth for more than 20 mins without the phone resetting and throwing the battery off :\

I stream around 4 hours of podcasts using Podkicker Pro each day and have never experienced this issue with FF18 or FH13. Are you sure it couldn't be an app issue?

dr_elusive

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
in both of my cars i have been unsuccessful at getting media streaming to work after the ICS update. Both worked fine on gingerbread. I can get them to pair, and if you disable media streaming they will stay paired for phone but i can no longer Pandora or MP3 stream to either one of my cars. Its one of the features i used everyday and i miss it alot.

Dr.

KD8MLY

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded my SPH-D710 to FH13, in hopes of this fix resolving some well-known issues with the ICS update...

So far, I haven't had much to complain about... it was only a matter of time.

I travel one hour to work, one hour back. To pass the time, I listen to podcasts on my phone through my car's bluetooth connection. Just to let everyone know, I use BeyondPod for my podcast download and playback.

Since the ICS release, I've had recurring issues with playback. Before BeyondPod, I would download my podcasts manually and play them through the built-in media player. A hassle, I know, but I did it anyway. Sometimes, I would almost make it through my entire 60-minute drive without any resets... but more than most it will reset within 30-40 minutes of the beginning of the trip, it would not reestablish connection with my vehicle's BT, and I come home already frustrated and in need of a beer or two.

With the FH13 release, I was hoping for this issue to be resolved... no luck.

I upgraded to FH13 on Monday, my day off, and so Tuesday was my first test, with high hopes that I should have never had. At the 39-minute mark, the phone reset, did not reestablish a bluetooth connection, and I came home frustrated at Sprint once again.

The FH13 upgrade did resolve many issues, but for me, the most important bug has yet to be resolved.

I am planning on calling Sprint before the end of this week to inquire about this issue. With focus on the S3 and other phones in the future, I am unsure if Sprint will take the time to release more upgrades for a phone that already has a predecessor.

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Reset to factory setting
Caution: This action erases all pairing information stored in your headphones.
Press and hold On/Off and (+) while headphones are on until the status light is steadily lit in blue.

I didn't even think about resetting the headset. This worked great. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87