If you have strange issues happening and basically a junk phone

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My battery is a little over a year old and I was one of the first to do the upgrade to 4.0.4 that had all those early issues. High battery drain in particular. I think that is what really killed mine prematurely. At any rate, I'm still rocking GB and it had been fine, but as of lately my phone was complete junk! I kept getting the task manager popping up. Slow to respond, screen flicker and apps closing, losing signal, you name it. My battery had the buldge. I bought a Samsung direct replacement, same exact battery from Amazon for $15 shipped. Popped it in last night and my phone is back to it's old snappy self. Perfect! So far. I'll keep you all posted, but I now love my phone on GB all over again! So if you have issues, get a new battery!

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've not even had this phone for 6 mos and it's been terrible with all of those things (did a Profile update on its own a couple of days ago and even worse now, won't stay connected to wi-fi/battery draining crazy fast). Think I'll do just that and order a new battery, see if that will help.

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My battery is a little over a year old and I was one of the first to do the upgrade to 4.0.4 that had all those early issues. High battery drain in particular. I think that is what really killed mine prematurely. At any rate, I'm still rocking GB and it had been fine, but as of lately my phone was complete junk! I kept getting the task manager popping up. Slow to respond, screen flicker and apps closing, losing signal, you name it. My battery had the buldge. I bought a Samsung direct replacement, same exact battery from Amazon for $15 shipped. Popped it in last night and my phone is back to it's old snappy self. Perfect! So far. I'll keep you all posted, but I now love my phone on GB all over again! So if you have issues, get a new battery!

If you love your phone on GB, wait until you see it on JB. You have all the +'s of GB, all the technology upgrades of ICS and more. I have been running FK23 for about a week and it makes your phone feel like an S3.

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
If you love your phone on GB, wait until you see it on JB. You have all the +'s of GB, all the technology upgrades of ICS and more. I have been running FK23 for about a week and it makes your phone feel like an S3.

That sounds awesome. Think I'll wait a bit though to give that a shot. I'm a bit gun shy after being the ICS guinea pig.

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've not even had this phone for 6 mos and it's been terrible with all of those things (did a Profile update on its own a couple of days ago and even worse now, won't stay connected to wi-fi/battery draining crazy fast). Think I'll do just that and order a new battery, see if that will help.

Keep us posted. I hope it helps. Are you on ICS? That could still be a whole issue in itself.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Keep us posted. I hope it helps. Are you on ICS? That could still be a whole issue in itself.

Yes, I'm on ICS...the first SGIIEpic was running GB and I refused that upgrade notice the whole 2 days I had it before the capacitive menu pop up was happening continuously, so they got me a new one that came shipped with ICS...didn't have too much of an issue until the post-ICS updates. Looking forward to seeing what JB will do for it and a new battery. :)

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got my OE replacement battery and it is greatly improved. I highly recommend picking one up if you are having fast discharge or other issues.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Jelly Bean build version FK23 has been incredible so far. I haven't felt this way about the phone since I bought it with GB running on it. Samsung hit a home run with this software update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38