Power Button NOT WORKING!!!!

DPtheKid

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys having a issue with my phone all of a sudden my power button has stopped working! Should I take it into sprint and if so should I unroot first? I'm running aokp

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys having a issue with my phone all of a sudden my power button has stopped working! Should I take it into sprint and if so should I unroot first? I'm running aokp

If you decide to take it into sprint MAKE SURE YOU UNROOT AND GO BACK TO STOCK. Sprint will probably blame the rom for your faulty power button if you dont.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Took it back and am now waiting for a new one. It's been a week wait so far because the phone is on back order. I brought mine in rooted on the FL16 leak and they didn't give me any problems, although it might depend on the tech you get.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Took it back and am now waiting for a new one. It's been a week wait so far because the phone is on back order. I brought mine in rooted on the FL16 leak and they didn't give me any problems, although it might depend on the tech you get.

You got lucky, some of the techs can be real, um, butt monkeys, when it comes to doing anything to your phone. I have a skin and one guy tried to tell me the lack of touch screen sensitivity was due to that, even though the part where I was having issues wasn't covered by the skin. I'd say go back to stock just to be safe.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If the power button doesn't work, how does one turn the phone on in order to unroot and return to stock? Or is the assumption that the phone is already turned on when the problem surfaces, so it can't be turned off?

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I don't understand. I've never tried connecting a powered-down Android device to a computer. Would that make it power up?
When my screen wouldn't turn on using the power button I tried plugging it in to both power and to the computer and it turned the screen on. That's what I meant.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've a Samsung Galaxy Spica and the power button isn't working on it. I connected to my computer and it just shows that it's charging. What should I do?
Is the device powered on or off? I know the power button doesn't work, but I'm not sure what state the phone currently is in.

If you are powered on then have someone send a text, email, etc. to wake the phone up. This will get you up and running to copy files over the computer and save any important files that you need.

There are ways to remap buttons. However, I'm not educated on this and can't be of much help. If you need to remap buttons, and if at all possible with your device, search the forums and see what comes up. Caution, that you could mess up a lot of things if you remap incorrectly or don't remember what buttons were remapped and which were not.

gns8

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
My power button's also become dead, my workaround is the following:
press vol down+call start+hangup then you got yourself into recovery mode, from which a properly modified spica (with boot menu) can restart into the system :)
or if you have factory prepared phone, you can just factory reset it, but thats also more than nothing...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo