Do you use a screen protector?

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and the Android world in general. I just got the Samsung Galaxy S2 on boost mobile. I was wondering how many of you use screen protectors like the Zagg invisible shield. I know the Gorilla Glass is supposed to be very scratch resistant and I've been told that screen protectors can impact the sensitivity of the touch screen (I don't really know the validity of that comment)
I'm ok with using a screen protector of need be. Just curious what the thoughts of other users of this phone thought.
Thanks for your time, all!
B

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Android Central Forums

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I used to hate them - I had one that seemed "sticky" on my Palm Pre - but I have one that the Sprint Store guy installed on my E4GT for me in July and it works fine. It's got a couple minor scratches that really only show up optically.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone for a little over a year and half. Never used a screen protector. Only a few minor scratches on the screen that I can barely see. I literally have to use a magnifying glass to find them. I have a lot of faith in Gorilla Glass. Though my housing is really showing some major wear. If I was in your shoes, I would invest in a case not a screen protector.

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Right on, I got several nice cases to keep the housing looking good. Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate your input!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for almost a year now with no screen protector. There are a few scratches, but they are minor and almost impossible to see. What I have noticed that scratches the screen more than anything is earrings. Specifically little stud earrings. Those things just know how to ruin glass. Lol!

flyingcloud11

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
No screen protector here, just that little plastic that comes with the phone when you first buy it. Thinking of getting a protector, already own a cover.

smirghan

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The one that came with my other box is absolutely amazing. I don't see why they don't sell them separately. It's thick but never had a problem with the touch screen and the best thing is I can't even tell it's on. I've used the zagg before and they all have a slight tint to them but not this one. Love it.

Sent from my SPH-D710

kokmeng

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a person who doesn't like bulky casing as much as possible I'd like to preserve the elegant look of the device, but at the same time I'd like to have some sort of protection to my device, and therefore I have ordered myself a Skinomi Techskin Skin Protectors.

Literally, the "Skin Protectors" covers most of your device including the back-cover and side-panel. Of course, this thing won't safe your device from dropping like other casings do. At least for me, I will want my device to stay new and free from scratches.

For my case, I will invest in "Skin Protectors". :p

Jeremy Ruzanski

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Two years in August, no screen protector, nor case. If not in my hand, goes in the back pocket... wear abyss tear visible on the edges of the phone. One tiny scratch, although it isn't visible when the screen is on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I use an Otterbox; it has built-in screen protection.

I put a screen protector on my wife's phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector. Had my phone since April of 2012. I had one on within the first week of owning the phone, but took it off because I feel like screen protectors take away from the quality of the E4GT's display. The colors are amazing and the screen protector dulled it up.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't care for screen protectors, whatsoever. I even took off the screen protector that Sony factory installed on my phone. One the other hand, I know someone that wouldn't take off the protective film until they got a screen protector to immediately replace it. I think issues like this are a matter of preference.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

teralpar

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on my Galaxy S2 or any other electronic devices I have owned. As someone posted earlier, it's better just to invest in a good case. I have a Ballistic case on my GS2 since I bought the phone over 9 months ago and it's still in great shape. There are no scratches on the screen and the phone's casing is still in excellent condition, even though I've dropped my phone on numerous occasions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez