Pictures In Text Messages Fail To Download

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
There are times when I receive pictures in text messages that fail to download when I click the "download" button in the text messages. What is the cause for this (if anyone else is experiencing this) and how can I correct this? Is there a work-around that I can do to get the pictures to download?

Thanks!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My DNA does the same thing sometimes. I noticed it normally does this when there are multiple pictures trying to download. I restart the phone and after initial bootup all is well in the world again.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

droidbishop45

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and this worked for me and a friend of mine. Go to your messages and click settings. Scroll down to where it says mulitmedia messages (mms) settings and make sure that auto retrieve is NOT turned on. When you receive a picture you will have to click on download and it should work. Every now and then after I click download it doesn't open up right away....if it hasn't in about 5 mins I restart my phone and it is there. Hope this helps.

tekaytalks

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Are there any other solutions. Someone tried to send me about 6 photos in a message over a period of time. The first two photos came through with no problem whatsoever. But then 3 hours later when they sent another photo and then again an hour later three more photos, none of them would download. My data is on as far as I know (just update to GB27 yesterday, so the phone has rebooted several times). I click on the DL button then and I just get an error notification that the MMS wouldn't download. These aren't large files (~52K) and I even went through and cleared all app cache in case I was out of memory.

It's not super important that I get these photos, but I'd like to solve that issue and then hopefully prevent this MMS error message in the future.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and this worked for me and a friend of mine. Go to your messages and click settings. Scroll down to where it says mulitmedia messages (mms) settings and make sure that auto retrieve is NOT turned on. When you receive a picture you will have to click on download and it should work. Every now and then after I click download it doesn't open up right away....if it hasn't in about 5 mins I restart my phone and it is there. Hope this helps.

Tried that and didn't work for me.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I get this same thing every now and again. It just happened a few minutes ago. I tried every suggestion possible and it doesn't work. 99% of the time if someone sends me a message with a picture it is no problem. Even tow back-to-back messages with a picture attached is usually no problem. It is when I get a bunch of them in a row, some will come through, others will have a download button in the message. When I click the button, I usually get an error message and I can never, ever get the picture no matter how many times I click the button.

Ian Seaborne

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Turning auto retrieve OFF on mms settings has just fixed wife's phone after not working for months! Thank you to those who suggested it. Now in wife's very good books! Thank you.

LaurieLorraine Fair

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
When I spoke to T-Mobile they were very helpful. Go to Settings, Mobile Network Settings. Click on Acces Point Names (APNs). Tap on Menu (bottom left side of phone) Click on Reset to default. Should work. It helped me. Love my T-Mobile <3 :D

Mary Beth Biffl

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
There are times when I receive pictures in text messages that fail to download when I click the "download" button in the text messages. What is the cause for this (if anyone else is experiencing this) and how can I correct this? Is there a work-around that I can do to get the pictures to download?

Thanks!

Heather Jordan1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my s5. I have 2 messages to download and they just will not download, I have signal and my wifi is connected but they will not download :(:(