Switching roms?

hesster

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How to i go about switching roms on my phone. I have the most recent JellyBam rom with android 4.1.2. I want to get the wicked sensations rom!

second question, is there an actual rom that helps get better reception or 3g. if possible

Thanks!

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
First, you make a nandroid backup of the current rom you're running, just in case you screw something up. This is done in your recovery. Then you just flash the new rom while you're in that same recovery, just like when you installed JellyBam.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I haven't used CWM for such a very long time, I'm having issues trying to remember how again. I'm sure that if you go into your recovery and and look around, there will be an option to make a backup. Of course, you can go back into the thread that gave you the recovery and read up on all of it's options, plus they may have screenshots.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that someone else rooted and rom'ed your phone for you. If that's the case, before you go and change things up, you should read, read, read... then read some more. You can very easily turn your really expensive toy into a useless brick if you go and do something that you shouldn't. The link in my signature says it all...

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
How to i go about switching roms on my phone. I have the most recent JellyBam rom with android 4.1.2. I want to get the wicked sensations rom!

second question, is there an actual rom that helps get better reception or 3g. if possible

Thanks!

How is jellybam? I've been considering it as my next ROM

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
thanks! and I rooted my phone, i just wasnt sure how to switch, and never backed up my stuff lol

Very dangerous

But you can get away with it as long as you keep other ROMs on your SD card just in case

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

hesster

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Jellybam isn't bad...during the boot sequence you get a video and mine repeatedly clashed white...just hit the home button n it should be OK. It doesn't show you when you get a voicemail and youtube doesn't go full screen..other than that its pretty nice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Jellybam isn't bad...during the boot sequence you get a video and mine repeatedly clashed white...just hit the home button n it should be OK. It doesn't show you when you get a voicemail and youtube doesn't go full screen..other than that its pretty nice

Hmm, seems good, what do you mean about the boot video, does it freeze or crash?

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

stevedub

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest regarding the reception you could try flashing but different radio file. Sometimes the older radio files work better I'm particular devices I would just recommend switching it up and see what works best for you and your device.

eriseth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I just wanted to add that it's a a bad idea to swap ROMs before factory resetting as well as wiping cache and dalvik cache. This is called clean flashing.
I highly recommend Titanium backup to backup and restore app data and phone settings. So you dont lose your text history or angry birds progress.
My flashing to do list is something like:
Make sure my apps are up to date
Back everything up with Titanium backup
Make a nandroid
Wipe caches
Factory reset/clear data
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps if necessary
Reboot
Get Titanium backup from the play store
Restore user apps from TB
(alternatively you could use a recovery zip made by titanium backup to just flash all your apps back onto the phone through recovery. Just make sure to boot the rom up at least once before going back into recovery to flash the apps)
Note: If you're flashing to a different version of the same ROM, you might get away without factory resetting. (dirty flashing) devs will usually tell you when they release an update where dirty flashing is no bueno.

Last edited: