Sprint Galaxy S3: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

I just updated to the latest version (4.01) and right away there were a few things that I noticed that were better. The main thing was in every build I had used prior to this, no matter what I customized the keyboard to in Morphology, it would never do anything. Now it works and I can finally have a neon green keyboard to match the rest of my custom theme haha. It seems that they got the native hotspot working now as well and they added an LED indicator manager under the nOObz eXrtas in the settings too.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Let us know how things go over the next few days or weeks. I'm still on MOAR 3.0 (but with the optimized MD4 kernel and modem) as there seem to be at least a few people reporting odd issues with 4.0.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Let us know how things go over the next few days or weeks. I'm still on MOAR 3.0 (but with the optimized MD4 kernel and modem) as there seem to be at least a few people reporting odd issues with 4.0.
Dude. What are you waiting for? Permission? Go ahead you got my permission. My daily driver.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I've been watching over on xda. There seem to be a lot of little glitches reported. So I'm waiting to see what happens. Currently using 3.0 and it works fine. I don't change every two weeks just for the sake of change.

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

No issues for me so far. I've been running the latest version for the last four days. The only thing I've noticed so far is that on v3 my email was a little choppy. Now on 4.0, the chopiness is gone. Everything else seems to be going smooth as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Everything has been smooth on my end as well. The only little thing that I have noticed is I haven't been getting my notifications from Snapchat. I only get them when I open the app where before they would come up in the status bar like everything else. Not really a big deal at all but just something that I noticed and figured I should point out.
Notifications from twitter and the espn sportscenter app still work fine for anyone who wants to know.

skatze

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm new to all this. I recently rooted my phone using odin 3.07, Clockworkmod recover.tar version 6.0.1.2 and TWRP Recovery.tar version 2.3.1.0 and TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery -v5?? Where can I find this rom (MOAR) and can I simply download it to my root drive on the phone and run it? Will wifi tether work right away? I appreciate any help and also any additional info to help me understand all of this rooting better. I have a sprint Samsung Galaxy s3. I'm still not sure of the difference between download and recovery and all the basics.

Thanks very much!

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to all this. I recently rooted my phone using odin? Where can I find this rom (MOAR) and can I simply download it to my root drive on the phone and run it? Will wifi tether work right away? I appreciate any help and also any additional info to help me understand all of this rooting better. I have a sprint Samsung Galaxy s3.

Thanks very much!

You can find the a link to XDA with most recent version of the ROM here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2741113

I recommend downloading the ROM zip file to you computer then transferring to your phone( I always place them on the external sd card). Then reboot to recovery. 1 factory reset 2 wipe cache 3 wipe dalvik 4 install ROM zip.

Yes hotspot will work right away.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I've been running v4.01 for about a week now and am glad to report no problems at all. I even got the Snapchat notifications working. WiFi tether has been working without any issues and multiscreen hasn't done any of the weird forceclosing that was reported over on XDA for the v4.0 release. Aroma installer seems to be a bit more stable than before but some things still seem to cause it freeze up and require pulling the battery no matter what I do.

jeppuda

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I want to add some things from the add on package, but definitely not all of it. I downloaded the zip file to my computer. Do I need to install it exactly like I installed the MOAR rom (download unzipped file to my phone and install from clockwork mod recovery) or can I unzip the files and selectively choose what I want added to my phone.

This is what the add on package contains in a zip file.
Sound Mod : Stock, Loud, and Extreme
Google Apps : Plus, Drive, Currents, Open Signal, Voice, Books, Magazines
Additional Apps : Polaris Office, Titanium Backup, Dropbox
Stock Apps : AllShare, ChatON, FlipBoard, Game Hub, Help Hub, Media Hub, Music Hub, Kies, KiesWiFi, sMemo, sSuggest, Samsung Apps, SprintZone, Samsung More, Voice Recorder

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I want to add some things from the add on package, but definitely not all of it. I downloaded the zip file to my computer. Do I need to install it exactly like I installed the MOAR rom (download unzipped file to my phone and install from clockwork mod recovery) or can I unzip the files and selectively choose what I want added to my phone.

This is what the add on package contains in a zip file.
Sound Mod : Stock, Loud, and Extreme
Google Apps : Plus, Drive, Currents, Open Signal, Voice, Books, Magazines
Additional Apps : Polaris Office, Titanium Backup, Dropbox
Stock Apps : AllShare, ChatON, FlipBoard, Game Hub, Help Hub, Media Hub, Music Hub, Kies, KiesWiFi, sMemo, sSuggest, Samsung Apps, SprintZone, Samsung More, Voice Recorder

You install just like the ROM. Don't unzip the file.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Once it installs you can remove what you don't want.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Actually, if I remember correctly, the installer will let you select which of the add-on apps you want to install.

I think that is right. Been a while since i ran MOAR. just wanted to make he didn't try to move and flash an unzipped zip file.

jeppuda

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys. I have another question. Sorry about all the questions but this is all new to me. I have come across links to download individual apps online. Am I right in assuming that you never transfer these files via usb straight to the phone from the computer? Even individual apps should be flashed as previously mentioned?

Joe monahan

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, i flashed MOAR the other day and so far it is really sweet. However I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet when i use the built in tether. If I use WIFI tether it works fine so I have that as a fall back but was not sure if there was a setting i missed or something.
J-

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Thanks guys. I have another question. Sorry about all the questions but this is all new to me. I have come across links to download individual apps online. Am I right in assuming that you never transfer these files via usb straight to the phone from the computer? Even individual apps should be flashed as previously mentioned?
What individual apps are you referring to? In general, if the app is an .apk file, you'd install it normally. If it's a zip file, it probably needs to be flashed in recovery. But a zip file might just be a container for an .apk, and nothing more, so you need to understand what you're working with.

Hey guys, i flashed MOAR the other day and so far it is really sweet. However I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet when i use the built in tether. If I use WIFI tether it works fine so I have that as a fall back but was not sure if there was a setting i missed or something.
J-
I had the same problem. I haven't spent the time to try to figure it out since I've got WiFi tether.