Sprint Galaxy S3: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

Found what? Don't try to flash this ROM on your AT&T phone.

Found the XDA section of ROMS for i747. No intention of flashing a rom not intended for my phone :) I come to this section for info fully aware that someof the info won't apply or be safe for ATT phones.

Att Hacks and ROMS section is pretty dead right now

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Just making sure. :) We've had a minor epidemic of people bricking phones by flashing the wrong ROMS, and I figured better to warm you needlessly than have you come back asking how to unbrick your phone.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed the epidemic. I am careful, read and reread about the ROM and triplecheck the file name to make sure it includes datt2 in the name. I also cross my fingers before flashing :)

Only one panic episode. Jellybam v7.0 caused what I thought was a brixk because my screen remained dark after flashing. Wouldn't boot into recovery either. Removed the battery for a few minutes and it booted into recovery. Hope that's all the panic I experience.................

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

just fashed this rom earlier today. it is pretty amazing. one gripe/question though: Has anybody else had a random reboot issue and the ROM not loading back up? Its happened 3 times now, each time Ive had to wipe/reinstall the rom.
Any thoughts?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed it. Wow, the customization is crazy. Quick question: Is there a way to mod after you select your theme?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

And another question: Do you guys like Apex or Nova Launcher?

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

And another question: Do you guys like Apex or Nova Launcher?

I like Apex, but I'm not as much as a themer as some of those guys and gals. They are both good launchers, each with their own little independent mods. Try them out and pick which ever you like best IMO.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm currently using Nova. The one distinct advantage as far as I can tell is the ability to back up and restore.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

To Keith's question earlier, if you want to make any changes after the first time you flash the rom, just flash it again but select to run Morphology only after the Aroma Installer boots up. I've done it at least 5 times since I installed the rom about a week ago. The customization is just too tempting.

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

One question that I've had about this rom, has anyone noticed that the sms character limit says 140 instead of the usual 160? And that the keyboard themes don't do anything?

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed this ROM and I really dig it, but I am not receiving my mms messages...I do have google, but Im not even receiving a notification in my email or anything...Is anybody else having this problem?

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I just flashed this ROM and I really dig it, but I am not receiving my mms messages...I do have google, but Im not even receiving a notification in my email or anything...Is anybody else having this problem?

I haven't had that problem with this ROM but I have noticed that even if you have your email setup to give you a notification in the status bar, it won't retrieve them until you go into the app and refresh them yourself. This is using the stock email apps.
When people have that problem with other ROMs, the first thing that people seem to recommend is downloading the ROM again and reflashing. Not sure if that would solve your problem but it's worth a shot.

sydewayzsoundz

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had that problem with this ROM but I have noticed that even if you have your email setup to give you a notification in the status bar, it won't retrieve them until you go into the app and refresh them yourself. This is using the stock email apps.
When people have that problem with other ROMs, the first thing that people seem to recommend is downloading the ROM again and reflashing. Not sure if that would solve your problem but it's worth a shot.

thanks for the response..I did a full wipe and reinstall and I am still having the same issues...any other suggestions..?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I know it's been a while,but.try this: Reset data by dialing ##72786#
Your phone will reboot a few times. That's normal.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

MOAR sucks..... that battery life right out of my phone. Any suggestions?

It's not MOAR. I'm getting battery life at least as good as I got on the stock ROM. What kernel are you running? Did you dirty flash, or did you wipe cache, dalvik, and factory reset?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Eldub, I think you've got something else going on that's causing this, not MOAR. There are a number of threads about battery life you might look through. Otherwise, I'd suggest starting a new thread in the regular S3 forum, and post screen shots of the battery status page, and the page that shows up when you tap the graph on the battery page. We can start there, and help figure out what's going on.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I ran through The MOAR thread and did the dev settings as recommended. And so far the battery life has shown a lot of improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra