Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE] How to Flash in Custom Recovery

Okay when i first flashed turns out i forgot to flash gapps... I restored my phone to stock and will retry with a new nandroid backup and this time flash both the rom and gapps before rebooting. I downloaded (what i believe to be) an updated version of the ROM. I will retry and post my results.
    DroidXcon likes this.

I did all of those... after some research on where i got the ROM it turns out i needed to install another kernel..... I was recommended KTZ's 4.2 Kernel and right now I am about to reboot to test to see if it will load the new ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by aznwond3r View Post
    I did all of those... after some research on where i got the ROM it turns out i needed to install another kernel..... I was recommended KTZ's 4.2 Kernel and right now I am about to reboot to test to see if it will load the new ROM.
    alright im stressin out... still getting this bootloop after ive done everything i was told.... including the gapps and kernel flashes nothing changes.

edit: okay i am an *****. I noticed i actually downloaded the ATT kernel not the SPRINT one. Ill retry everything with after flashing the SPRINT Kernel
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by aznwond3r View Post
    alright im stressin out... still getting this bootloop after ive done everything i was told.... including the gapps and kernel flashes nothing changes.

edit: okay i am an *****. I noticed i actually downloaded the ATT kernel not the SPRINT one. Ill retry everything with after flashing the SPRINT Kernel
    Good luck tell us how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    s how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Everything worked out after the kernel swap from ATT to SPRINT. After playing with the ROM a little I decided I liked touchwiz a lot better so I swapped to the FreeGS3 ROM/TouchWiz Recov and it made flashing and installing much easier. I used this guide every step of the way. Thank you so much for making it usable for all levels!

i have a galaxy s4 i545. i have downloaded the xda zip file for volume increase and also have flashify and rom manager. i have put the volume zip on my sd card but when i try to locate the zipped file via rom manager or flashify, the zip file is missing. yet when i access my file manager, the zip file is there. can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to successfully flash said xda volume increase using either rom manager or flashify. i have tried to follow the instructions here but my device is lacking th menus cited and i am really confused and irritated. any help this community would give me would be greatly appreciated. just, please, i am a noob with this tech so please take the time to explain. thank you so much again!

Are you rooted? Did you install a custom recovery? Which one.

Also, you've posted in Galaxy S3 forum. You might have better luck here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/

Or here, for the Verizon version: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ung-galaxy-s4/
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Exactly everything I have been looking for. Answered all my questions.

HooKeD oN ROM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12