Anyone with old data plan w new smart phone?

Doug913

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
The wife and myself have been on a sprint family plan for years we pay ~$85 a month. Right now we are using windows phones w Internet and such. While looking at new phones, ie gs3's they say that the newer smartphones need there new data plans at $150 a month. They can't tell me why the new phones won't work other then the g4 stuff.

Any one know why they wont work other then they want more money out of us? One option we have is just to buy new phones out right (full price) and just keep on with our original contract. However we have no idea that a new phone will indeed work, hence our Delema.

Thoughts?
Thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The wife and myself have been on a sprint family plan for years we pay ~$85 a month. Right now we are using windows phones w Internet and such. While looking at new phones, ie gs3's they say that the newer smartphones need there new data plans at $150 a month. They can't tell me why the new phones won't work other then the g4 stuff.

Any one know why they wont work other then they want more money out of us? One option we have is just to buy new phones out right (full price) and just keep on with our original contract. However we have no idea that a new phone will indeed work, hence our Delema.

Thoughts?
Thanks

I'm sure they will still work. But when you use the upgrade to get a new phone you must go to the new plan. It's the phone companies way to get people off the old cheaper plans and onto the newer plans.
I was able to keep my plan and still get the phone at the upgrade price because the plan I was on is still current. Your plan must have been discontinued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress