Google wallet

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to buy an app from playstore so i chose "use card" at checkout and it wants me to put a card number in there...im trying to use the free 10$ that came with the wallet...anyone know if i cam do that??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to buy an app from playstore so i chose "use card" at checkout and it wants me to put a card number in there...im trying to use the free 10$ that came with the wallet...anyone know if i cam do that??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I don't know of you can or not as I don't use Google wallet. But that's not really what it's for.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No you can't use the wallet to purchase apps. You can only use it at a store that has the scanner such as a grocery store, convenience store, etc.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
well, the problem is thats how google makes some of their money from android, mind you, the OS is free. They get a cut of paid apps. So if they are giving them away, how will they profit?

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
well, the problem is thats how google makes some of their money from android, mind you, the OS is free. They get a cut of paid apps. So if they are giving them away, how will they profit?

Well, they are giving away $10 right?

The real answer is that they are giving away the $10 to encourage people to try the NFC feature of the phone to pay for small purchases at local merchants. They want you to try paying for things with your phone by simply tapping it against the merchant point of sale terminal, with the hope that you will like the feature and want to continue using it. I will likely use it to buy my morning commute beverage and would probably add $10-$15 a month to my Google wallet pre-paid card for that purpose.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Google Wallet is Awesone now since the new update yesterday!

Can use any of my cards now without having to deal with reloading Google card

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3