For Those with Telenav Problems

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
For those that are being prompted for the Premium Service and get kicked out of the app when you decline, this is a known issue for Telenav. I called them and they said this is a known issue and they are working on the problem, but do not have an ETA of when it will be fixed. They are supposed to let me know when it is fixed and I will try and relay that information here. In the meantime he said to periodically check the app to see if it is fixed. This is just an FYI for anyone else experiencing this problem so that they don't spend a lot of time like myself trying to figure what is the problem.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I factory reset my Sammy last week, and opened up the telenav last night for the first time. I was like wtf?
The google maps navigation still worked, which I like better anyway, so I wasn't sweatin it. Glad to hear it's not just me though.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just started seeing this, too. When I first read about this problem a day or two ago I checked my phone and it was fine. Not today, though.

Dave

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear that the app is still free. I've been getting kicked out the last few times I tried to use it because I refused to select a pay option.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Question for you Sprint folks!

Telenav is under my app list from where I used to be a Sprint customer with the Evo line. It says right now that I can download it on my AT&T S3...Think this would work or would it screw up my GPS?

Sorry to take this off topic!

maaavy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
For those of you still having the problem.
If you have uninstalled TeleNav make sure you install it again.
Go to settings.
Click on apps.
Go to TeleNav.
Click on clear DATA.
Go to settings.
Go to system updates.
Click on Update profile.
Go back to TeleNav and enjoy once again.

Reactions: f1nzup

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Another fix posted at Sprint's forum worked for me --

When you start it up, click on the url link to terms and conditions for use. Then click the accept button.

That brings you to the screen with the choice to upgrade or continue using the free version.

Dave

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Why use a paid service when Google is free?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Telenav has always been free too, and personally I like the navigation better than Google. They both have their upsides, but when I have to actually navigate, I prefer Telenav. For me it just looks better, but that is always going to be personal preference.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. I thought it was a paid app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

certain functions are only available with the paid version. While I liked the map better with Telnav. The new Google navigation can be used without a data signal. This makes it a much better choice when navigating in areas without or with a poor data signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty