Does anyone else notice this as well?

Mycko.23

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Sprints service is absolutely terrible... I can have 4 bars of 3g and still having to wait 2+ minutes just to see a simple picture on Facebook... also the 3g eats my battery... I was down to 80 percent with only 27 minutes off use and my phone was really hot... what should I do?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am of the belief that the biggest cause of battery drain, is your signal strength. If you got a bad signal all day, your battery wont last until the drive home.
Either buy extra batteries, ( they are super cheap ), buy a car charger, or turn in the phone for another sprint phone that has trouble picking up a signal as well.
My battery gets hot as well, but only after a couple hours of being in a bad signal area.
Make sure you either reboot from time to time, or manually clear the cache to stop the running process in the background.
Also, make sure the CDMA setting is off, unless you know you are in a 4G area.

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings / about device / status then look for signal strength. Tell us what it is. It's more accurate than how many bars to have.

Stbrightman

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes,, I experience this often as well. It's not local either. I travel to multiple cities each week and about half the time I have garbage service. A lot of the time when I show full 3g coverage, data speeds are abysmal, phone heats up, and I have to give up whatever I'm doing unless I want to drain 10% off my battery power web page. Lame. I miss Verizon....You get what you pay for.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anytime your phone starts to get really hot it means the processor is working really hard. Could be a hung app, could be looking for better service. What ever the case is, stop and power off the phone, wait a minute, power it back on..
Its possible you have a phone with a bad antenna or receiver. Its possible an app is data hungry and its not getting what it wants and is hanging.