Bought white, want to switch to blue

629Classic

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the white S3, but now I am wanting to switch to blue. I can simply purchase a pebble blue battery cover, but what about the face plate and home button - does anybody know if you can switch those out for the blue? I thought I saw something online the other day about switching out the stock plastic for different colors, but I can no longer find that info.

I suppose I can just take my phone back and switch it for blue, but I would not want to get charged another activation fee (not even sure yet if Sprint would charge me another fee).

Thoughts would be appreciated.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Switching out the battery cover is easy enough, but the rest is going to require some disassembly, and parts that weren't exactly cheap the last time I looked. That's if you want the full look of the original. If you can live with the brighter edge trim on the white version, you could maybe get away with just swapping the battery cover and screen, but you're still going to do some "surgery."

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the white S3, but now I am wanting to switch to blue. I can simply purchase a pebble blue battery cover, but what about the face plate and home button - does anybody know if you can switch those out for the blue? I thought I saw something online the other day about switching out the stock plastic for different colors, but I can no longer find that info.

I suppose I can just take my phone back and switch it for blue, but I would not want to get charged another activation fee (not even sure yet if Sprint would charge me another fee).

If you have an option to go back to the store that you purchased it from and swap it for a new one, what better option could there be? If your only cost would be another activation fee (and it's possible that they would wave that), run, don't walk back to that store.

629Classic

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Spray paint...I think Krylon would work best!

Right on. Thank you kindly!

- - - Updated - - -

Switching out the battery cover is easy enough, but the rest is going to require some disassembly, and parts that weren't exactly cheap the last time I looked. That's if you want the full look of the original. If you can live with the brighter edge trim on the white version, you could maybe get away with just swapping the battery cover and screen, but you're still going to do some "surgery."

I appreciate the advice.

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

You wanna switch, I wanted the white one after I purchased the blue.. Had it a little after 30 days

Sent From My Galaxy Slll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non