Bought white, want to switch to blue
I purchased the white S3, but now I am wanting to switch to blue. I can simply purchase a pebble blue battery cover, but what about the face plate and home button - does anybody know if you can switch those out for the blue? I thought I saw something online the other day about switching out the stock plastic for different colors, but I can no longer find that info.
I suppose I can just take my phone back and switch it for blue, but I would not want to get charged another activation fee (not even sure yet if Sprint would charge me another fee).
Thoughts would be appreciated.
- 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM #2
Re: Bought white, want to switch to blue
Switching out the battery cover is easy enough, but the rest is going to require some disassembly, and parts that weren't exactly cheap the last time I looked. That's if you want the full look of the original. If you can live with the brighter edge trim on the white version, you could maybe get away with just swapping the battery cover and screen, but you're still going to do some "surgery."
- 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM #3
- 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM #4
- 230 Posts
- LIH Jelly Bean Leak
Re: Bought white, want to switch to blueHTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3
- 10-05-2012, 06:37 PM #7
- By lifereinspired in forum SprintReplies: 13Last Post: 07-14-2012, 08:04 PM
- By Whiteboy- in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 06-08-2012, 07:58 AM
- By docjay in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
- By ssedgwick in forum SprintReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2011, 10:47 AM
- By jamesedward318 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 15Last Post: 05-06-2010, 09:08 AM