Your way to Update...

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Just everything I had read and all videos about GN, all have said "simply swipe up from any screen to access it" or something close to that. I added it to my lockscreen icons. I had previously replaced it with s-search or whatever it was called.
I am happy enough now with the hold menu button and icon on my lockscreen.
I guess that photo sphere gimmick doesn't come until 4.2? I couldn't wait to try that and now I don't even have it :{

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Long hold on the menu key to open Google Now is working. Only downside is that my Swiftkey 3 keyboard opens automatically and covers the Google Now cards.

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for these files. I used it to upgrade my phone last month and despite my patents buying their phones together just 2 days ago, my moms phone got the JB update while my dads hadn't yet. He's thrilled I updated it for him. :)

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Do these options, specifically in Posts 3 & 4, also update the Kernel? Currently I have KT747 and am interested in getting rid of it with the return to stock.

If a separate install of the Kernel is required, what is the latest/recommended and what is the best process (flash before return to Stock, or after. cache wipes & fix permissions, etc).

I currently have Goodness 5.0.1, LJ7, and KT747. I love the ROM, but the am wanting to return to stock (rooted) and then play with some other ROMs...

Thanks in advance for your help.

jay

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Do these options, specifically in Posts 3 & 4, also update the Kernel? Currently I have KT747 and am interested in getting rid of it with the return to stock.

If a separate install of the Kernel is required, what is the latest/recommended and what is the best process (flash before return to Stock, or after. cache wipes & fix permissions, etc).

I currently have Goodness 5.0.1, LJ7, and KT747. I love the ROM, but the am wanting to return to stock (rooted) and then play with some other ROMs...

Thanks in advance for your help.

jay

Post 3 has 2 files one is pre rooted and the other unrooted. They include the most current kernel and radio and it will all be installed. These are flashed in odin

Post 4 also includes the most current kernel but if you don't have the LJ7 radio already you will have to flash it separately. This method will be flashed in recovery.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is this just for sprint or can I use it for Verizon too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Never attempt to use something made from one carrier on another carrier of the same model. Sure they are very similar but key components like the radio is different. The most common way to brick a device is flashing/loading the wrong radio onto a device and bingo instant paper weight

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Kienz

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Ugh! I may already know the answer to my question, but diligence requires I ask anyway.

I inadvertently followed the incorrect link here, downloaded the radio and firmware files for my GS3, and flashed via CWM.
Unfortunately, I have a T-mobile GS3, and not a Sprint version; which this thread obviously (now) supports.

Long story short, my phone will not boot.
Vol down + Home + Power does nothing.

Am I just out of a phone?
Or is there anything that can be done?

Thank you, in advance.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ugh! I may already know the answer to my question, but diligence requires I ask anyway.

I inadvertently followed the incorrect link here, downloaded the radio and firmware files for my GS3, and flashed via CWM.
Unfortunately, I have a T-mobile GS3, and not a Sprint version; which this thread obviously (now) supports.

Long story short, my phone will not boot.
Vol down + Home + Power does nothing.

Am I just out of a phone?
Or is there anything that can be done?

Thank you, in advance.

You can recover your phone using the jtag device if you have access to the correct files. I've never done it and don't the procedures but I can put you in touch with someone who does.

Check you pm's.

Kienz

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You can recover your phone using the jtag device if you have access to the correct files. I've never done it and don't the procedures but I can put you in touch with someone who does.

Check you pm's.

Thank you for the swift reply.
No PM's as of yet. But i will keep my eye out for one.

*EDIT*

PM received. I sent him a PM, explaining my situation. Thank you. *crosses fingers, and hopes for the best*

varisnjay

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I've tried every which way to get my sim card back installed so I can turn on my mobile network which stop working after I downgraded from jellybean to ics. can any one please help me

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've tried every which way to get my sim card back installed so I can turn on my mobile network which stop working after I downgraded from jellybean to ics. can any one please help me

varisnjay, this thread is about updating a SPRINT GS3 from Android 4.0x (ICS) to 4.1 (Jellybean). You'll get a lot more help if you post this information in the right thread.