GSIII's Allshare Cast and Netgear PTV3000 (w/ Miracast)

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so looking into displaying my GSIII and Note 10.1 screens on my TV, I found the Samsung Allshare Cast dongle for $100.00 @ samsung.com. However, I found out that those are the first two "pre-certified" Miracast capable products out there, so I started researching Miracast and found that the Netgear PTV3000 is also Miracast "pre-certified". Since I've had experience with the PTV2000s, and the PTV3000 was $60 at Best Buy, I figured I'd give that a go.....plus I travel alot, and usually carry a PTV2000 with me, but this one is so much smaller!

With the GSIII, connecting to the PTV3000 is a little tricky at times. I have the most consistent success if I toggle the WiDi/Miracast mode button on the PTV3000, then immediately launch Allshare Cast on the GSIII. Once it connects, it shows everything great, just as it does on your phone. Now, the downside is if you are on LTE and are wanting to watch a video from YouTube or HBO Go, the resolution is not that great. I figure this is because the signal is optimized for the mobile network and your device, and as such seems to just be a blown up version of what's on your phone screen.....not the automatic resolution sizing I'd read about. After a bit, the sound gets out of sync with the video also. Everything else, such as magazines, games, email, facebook, etc., are clear and properly adjusted for the TV.

.....I have yet to get the Note 10.1 to connect at all.

kesunji

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
May I know what's your PTV3000 and GSIII's Software version? BTW, GSIII have several versions, does's yours one are samsung 4 core's version? Thanks!