Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

It works on us cellular sg3. Thank you. It's the only app that works on jelly bean stock update.

Mine is very intermittent; a lot of times, despite being anle to see and connect to the hotspot, it wont actually provide any internet to a connected device. Signal and 3g speed arent the issue, as the phone itself still loads pages almost instantly.

Very excited for this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thank you so so much sea monster. i only know enough to get in trouble when doing these things but i'm a quick learner. HOWEVER, i was not quick enough on this subject. because of you i have enough courage to go and get in some more trouble learning new things. thank you for the figuring this out - everyone had been trying to do this!

Works for me, however it will shut down completely like someone is exiting the app. Any ideas?

EDITED for spelling errors.
    Last edited by dlm04e; 12-31-2012 at 08:58 AM.

ROM
    Rooted; Xionia; Reborn

It works on Sprint Galaxy s3 rooted . Advice for all trying upload . Download directly from your device as an apk. Let android installer take of the rest. Skunkape60 is a genius and quite generous, donate! Donate!,,,, stop BSing and get it done. Uploaded directly iPad tethered to S3 .
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dlm04e View Post
    Works for me, however it will shut dlwn cometley like someone is exiting the app. Any ideas?
    Have you tried disabling wake lock in the settings?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Definitely great news, thanks.

i am rooted using stock and i downloaded this and it says thether is running but my dl and upload speeds say zero and i am not picking up the signal on my computer. what do i do?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #135  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by msoprano13 View Post
    i am rooted using stock and i downloaded this and it says thether is running but my dl and upload speeds say zero and i am not picking up the signal on my computer. what do i do?
    I have none of the issues you are having. If you have installed SuperSU from the playstore and are still having issues, please go here for support.

Hacked WiFi Tether Support
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I have none of the issues you are having. If you have installed SuperSU from the playstore and are still having issues, please go here for support.

That worked. Thank you!!!

Cool it works on Sprint gs3. Ran SU update fix several times

I am having the issue now. It connects as it did before but the speed is low I cant even get pandora to work. I am rocking full bars on 4g and my tether all of a sudden quit working. Been like this for a few days now. Skunk, any help would be majorly appreciated. Tomorrow is my birthday and all I want is to drink beers and watch the game tomorrow! Help!

Do I need to reroot? I am rooted and have superuser from the root. Ive tried supersu and superuser update fixer but to no avail. Im not super versed in this stuff so some things are hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #139  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefrenchtoast View Post
    I am having the issue now. It connects as it did before but the speed is low I cant even get pandora to work. I am rocking full bars on 4g and my tether all of a sudden quit working. Been like this for a few days now. Skunk, any help would be majorly appreciated. Tomorrow is my birthday and all I want is to drink beers and watch the game tomorrow! Help!

Do I need to reroot? I am rooted and have superuser from the root. Ive tried supersu and superuser update fixer but to no avail. Im not super versed in this stuff so some things are hard to understand.
    You don't need to re root.

Bars of signal strength means nothing. You can have a good signal and it has nothing to do with the speed of the connection. That's all bandwidth. That can't be measured by signal bars. Also if you have a Sprint gs3 there are no bars for data. The only bars are for Wi-Fi and regular voice call signal. 3g and 4g just has upload and download arrows.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the clarification on that. I talked to sprint, on Christmas eve I wasn't able to make or receive texts or calls. Apparently we are having an outage until the 31st? So they are actually going to reimburse me for the time I wasn't able to stream my netflix for free.

I played around with the settings on the tether and got it working. It's been on for about 2 mins now so my fingers are crossed. It says between 1.92 and 4.72 Mbps. So Whatever it was; hopefully I shook out all the gremlins.

I have to thank you yet again Skunk. You are always fast to reply. Sorry for my silly questions but you are the go to guy. At least I only ask them once right?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #141  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefrenchtoast View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on that. I talked to sprint, on Christmas eve I wasn't able to make or receive texts or calls. Apparently we are having an outage until the 31st? So they are actually going to reimburse me for the time I wasn't able to stream my netflix for free.

I played around with the settings on the tether and got it working. It's been on for about 2 mins now so my fingers are crossed. It says between 1.92 and 4.72 Mbps. So Whatever it was; hopefully I shook out all the gremlins.

I have to thank you yet again Skunk. You are always fast to reply. Sorry for my silly questions but you are the go to guy. At least I only ask them once right?
    No problem... I enjoy helping you guys when I can. A lot of you guys use your phone differently from me. I don't expect my phone to do as much as many of you so many of the issues brought up here I've never seen. It's good that there are so many well rounded people here.

Just to give my feedback: I downloaded the .apk file provided on the first post by Skunkape. I copied that file to my phone's internal storage and used AppInstaller (from the market) to install the pack. Once I opened it, I connected and everything worked fine, I was actually able to find the connection in my networks (with the old WiFi Tether app, I was not able to find it). My current settings include Device-Profile is auto, Setup-Method is auto, Send Netd Max.... is checked, Enable WiFi-Encryption is UNCHECKED (i tested it with it on, and it would not work), I changed the SSID but it worked with the default AndroidTether, Wifi-driver reload 2 is checked, Enable Access Control is checked. Also, my WiFi was on before tethering, and when I tethered, it automatically disconnected the WiFi, so no need to turn it off.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I went to Skunk's link to "Hacked Wifi tether support" and found post #308. Originally Posted by jillmoto

Thanks TrevE. I have tried the mod on my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II and i could connect my laptop via wifi tether. (writing this email on the connected laptop!)

Here's the settings:

Install WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012
    Set Profile to Samsung Galaxy S3
    Set Setup-Method to Netd-Ndc
    Check Send Netd Max Client Cmd
    Enable WiFi Encryption
    Channel 01
    Check WiFi-driver reload 2
    Check Routing fix

I did that and it works for me. I am posting this from my computer tethered to my S3!
    Thanked by 2:

Works for me with my rooted jelly bean sg3. Thanks Skunkape. My encryption is enable also.

Was hoping somebody could help me, I used the link in the OP and it DID work the first time I used it.
    Now however every time I try using it I get an ad hoc failure error.
    I am running a stock root on my galaxy s3, I tried clearing the cache and rebooting my device but so far no luck. Help?

Already had that disabled. Trying the different Setup-method. Will update once I have tried it out.

I was going crazy I did everything except open the superSU app then it all worked like it should. Thank you everyone.

Still randomly disconnects, not sure what is causing it.

Will not show up on computer or tablet. says ad-hoc mode failed to connect or enable. gs2 rooted. j.b 4.1.2
    middlebill likes this.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Installed, tested, and it is working great on my Sprint Galaxy S3. Did a speed test on the 4G, and got 11 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up in the SF bay area.

Didn't work at first, and then I:
    1. Changed Device Profile to S3
    2. Enabled wifi protection and SSID
    3. Checked off wifi Driver reload (Reload 2 was already checked)

That's the complete list of changes I did to the Settings. Didn't have any of the wifi toggle or other problems some people mention. Thanks for making this happen!
    Thanked by:
    jo_asakura likes this.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast