WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

zer0max713

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Works for me no issues. I enabled BOTH Wifi-driver reload methods as suggested by another user
-Changed SSID name

Not sure if that what made it work or not but its working... Thanks! WIll this be regularly updated? Is there a newer version?

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Took a few tries to connect to the wifi but I got it working. Here's my setup:

Phone: Sprint S3, stock rom, rooted.

TetherApp: WifiTether-TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012_driverReload2 (Version 3.-beta2-modv5***Synergized***) downloaded from link in post #1 of this thread.

I kept the setting at their defaults except for the changes below:
-enabled BOTH Wifi-driver reload methods as suggested by another user
-Changed SSID name

Once I got it to connect I then enabled wifi-encryption and changed the passphrase. So far so good. Thanks to Skunkape60 and everyone who contributed their experiences.

Works for me no issues. I enabled BOTH Wifi-driver reload methods as suggested by another user
-Changed SSID name

Not sure if that what made it work or not but its working... Thanks! WIll this be regularly updated? Is there a newer version?

Thank you! I was banging my head against the wall. Tethering was working for me, but then I updated my baseband to MD4 awhile back and then installed the latest Wi-Fi Tether. When I tried testing it this week with my new 2nd gen Nexus 7 tablet, I could never see the SSID.

Again, the latest version of Wi-Fi Tether did NOT work for me.

So, to clarify and recap this is what worked for me...

Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint
IMPORTANT: I had to make sure that WiFi is turned OFF on my phone first before starting tethering! Otherwise, my tablet doesn't see the SSID.
Baseband: MD4
Android Version: 4.1.2
WiFi Tether version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized*** (link) (also in first post).
Installer filename: WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012_driverReload2.apk
Settings:
  • Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Setup-Method: Auto
  • Enable WiFi-Encryption: Disabled (for me, for now)
  • SSID: I changed mine to just "Android"
  • Change Channel: 1
  • Don't disable Bluetooth: unchecked
  • WiFi-driver reload: checked
  • WiFi-driver reload 2: checked
  • Enable Access-Control: unchecked (for me, for now)

Last edited:

dwhitworth

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a issue I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. I installed the tether apk and AndroidTether shows on both my Windows 8 and Windows XP laptops. Windows 8 connects and downloads fine. Windows XP won't connect.
Setting that worked for Win 8 laptop are:
Sprint GS3, rooted, stock rom. Superuser installed.
Baseband MD4
Android ver. 4.1.2
WiFi ver. WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012.apk
Settings:
Profile - GS3
Setup - Netd-Ndc
Send Netd Max Client Cmd
Enable WiFi Encryption
Enable WiFi driver reload
Enable WiFi driver reload 2
Enable MSS Clamping
Enable Routing Fix

Do I need to change something in the app for XP or update some XP drivers?

Jaydubb4472

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
These directions worked great I'm new to rooting and this was the first thing i did, and it worked perfectly, thanks

Question, does anyone know if I dont have unlimitied data on my plan will sprint give me the extra surcharge? maybe i'll just upgrade my plan to be sure

Last edited:

Sineater74

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
just wanted to say that with CM 10.2 nightly 25 sept 2013, tethering wifi is ONLY functional if no encrpyption (WPA etc...) are selected. I don't really like to be in a coffee shop n be an open access network for all. Hopefully, one day it will be fixed. Tried USB tethering with no success.

thanx!

garythfla

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been messing around with mine for a few days and am also having the same problem....i can tether but it disconnects at 15 minutes on the dot every time.

this is what i am running:
Phone: Sprint S3, stock rom, rooted.

TetherApp: WifiTether-TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012_driverReload2 (Version 3.-beta2-modv5***Synergized***) downloaded from link in post #1 of this thread.

I kept the setting at their defaults except for the changes below:
-enabled BOTH Wifi-driver reload methods as suggested by another user
-Changed SSID name