S Voice problems adding to calendar

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I attempt to add an appointment to my calendar via S Voice I get this response, "Sorry I could not save it to your calendar" Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it? I already tried clearing the data on S Voice and a soft reset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Could it be looking for samsung account calendar, which maybe you've removed?
Check accounts in phone settings menu, and also calendar settings.
S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Could it be looking for samsung account calendar, which maybe you've removed?
Check accounts in phone settings menu, and also calendar settings.

This is very possible. None of the special features work unless you are using it with the Samsung apps. This may be the same.

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have my Samsung account signed in and the Samsung Calendar set to sync. Still no luck though. Any other suggestions?

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well after clearing all the data from the calendar application the issue seems to be resolved. Thank you guys for your help!

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Where can you clear this data? I have a GN2 and can't seem to get any S Voice command to add to my calendar.

I've disabled s voice but recall schedule or create appointment or event would work. Clear data is phone settings - > application manager - > all, then select app and clear caches and/or data.

iyasss

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i Have glaxy note 2, i did clear all data from calender storage and calender widget- and S voice, still cant add an calender event throw s voice.
any help?

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
I am having a simular problem. If you have my Bluetooth connected and then go into my message app I can't use the Tap to Talk feature. If I disconnect my bluetooth then it works as it should. Could this be a glitch that Samsung hasn't noticed or been notified about or is something else going on. I have the latest 4.1.2 but the problem was there in 4.1.1 as well.

iyasss

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Finally I did find how to solve it!!! i clear cache data from S planner and Calender, now the S voice can add events to my calender , but the problem is it?s adding always to MY CALENDER not to my GMAIL account calender, even i disable the MY CALENDER it?s still abiding there. Any idea how to solve this??
Hi All,
I am having a similar problem. If you have my Bluetooth connected and then go into my message app I can't use the Tap to Talk feature. If I disconnect my Bluetooth then it works as it should. Could this be a glitch that Samsung hasn't noticed or been notified about or is something else going on. I have the latest 4.1.2 but the problem was there in 4.1.1 as well.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Finally I did find how to solve it!!! i clear cache data from S planner and Calender, now the S voice can add events to my calender , but the problem is it?s adding always to MY CALENDER not to my GMAIL account calender, even i disable the MY CALENDER it?s still abiding there. Any idea how to solve this??

Are you on the mb1 4.1.2 update? There was a calendar syncing problem fixed in this build.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

iyasss

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes i have 4.1.2 installed.
Would any one tell me if i can make the gmail calender the default one? i need to force S voice to add my new events to my google calender not to MY CALENDER ??

Carlos Barbudo

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I had the same problem and found the solution.

The problem appears when you create an event from S-Voice and save it to a Google calendar (before save, you tap on the event and edit it selecting one google calendar). S-Voice remembers the last calendar that you saved an event from it and try to save the new event in the same calendar. However, S-Voice can not save events in the Google calendar, only on "My Calendar".
The solution is: create a new event from S-Voice and instead of saving the event, tap on it and edit. Then select "My Calendar" as destination calendar.
Fixed. The next time you create an event from S-Voice this will be saved in "My Calendar" without problems.

Shaniawlfgrl

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem. I chatted with Samsung, reset phone with no change. I have sat for an hour using different methods of speech, such as, schedule appointment or meeting at time and where, or with who.
Nothing seemed to work. One error message I received was, you have no contacts with that email address.? What?
After one and a half hours I clicked on S Voice again, this time saying, "Appointment, saying the word Title, persons name, and day, S Voice will ask what time? S Voice will ask to save, of course do so. Look in Calendar on date specified and you will see persons name and time. This worked for me, hope it will for you too.

Shaniawlfgrl

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem. I chatted with Samsung, reset phone with no change. I have sat for an hour using different methods of speech, such as, schedule appointment or meeting at time and where, or with who.
Nothing seemed to work. One error message I received was, you have no contacts with that email address.? What?
After one and a half hours I clicked on S Voice again, this time saying, "Appointment, saying the word Title, persons name, and day, S Voice will ask what time? S Voice will ask to save, of course do so. Look in Calendar on date specified and you will see persons name and time. This worked for me, hope it will for you too.