Call trouble.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So I've been having trouble when I call or someone calls me. The problem is when I get a call or call out my screen blacks out and I can't get back into it to hang up the phone. Now I've changed the setting to when I'm on a call the screen stays on the whole time, but I would really like to turn the other setting back on to conserve battery. Can someone tell me if there is a way to fix this?

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Does it black out as it's up to your ear, or as you're still looking at it? The proximity sensor, if this option is selected, is what shuts the screen off as you put it up to your face. But this option is also supposed to detect when you take the phone away from your ear, and turn the screen back on..

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it shuts off as soon as I make the call or get one. The trouble is when I make a call I can't hang up at all. The screen won't come on no matter what I do. Pushing the power button or pushing the home button doesn't work.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a case on it? The only thing i can think is that if there's a case on it, its interfering with that sensor and its keeping the screen black. Something is blocking that sensor making it think its still up against your ear or you just have a defective device. Just a wild guess though, I'm no cellphone tech or anything

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That might be the problem. I did just switch out cases. It didn't do this on the other case. I'll try that and see.

Ok so took the phone case I have on now off and I think it is the phone case. It worked when I took it off. So back to the old one.

Last edited:

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yay for simple fixes! For future reference, that sensor is just below and to the right of the speaker when you're looking at the screen.. Only time I've seen it is when I'm in near absolute darkness..

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That might be the problem. I did just switch out cases. It didn't do this on the other case. I'll try that and see.

Ok so took the phone case I have on now off and I think it is the phone case. It worked when I took it off. So back to the old one.

No doubt. You know I'm super excited because I helped someone lol. "My work here is done" *In my Batman voice"

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress