Problems when hitting the backspace/erase key...

Ruby Weyrauch

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
About a month ago my SIII started having a very annoying problem, when I was typing a text message & I needed to use the erase/backspace key it started inserting a whole bunch of lowercase L's instead of erasing/going back. After going to the Sprint Store a few times about the problem & them not fixing it they finally ordered me a new phone. Well I've now had the replacement phone for the last month & now it is doingyhe same exact thing! According to the local Sprint Store they haven't had anyone else having this problem but what are the chances of having 2 different phones doing the exact same thing? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm beyond frustrated b/c now they're sending me a 3rd phone & I'm getting sick of reloading everything, not to mention how frustrating it is to have to fight w/ the phone just to be able to erase something w/o having 10 l's show up!

J swo

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same issue so I doubt its your phone.... further evidence is the fact that it only happens when sending texts

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock keyboard or a 3rd party app?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the stock messaging app?

Did you install, or reconfigure anything , even unrelated to the keyboard, just before this started happening? I think if this were really a phone issue we'd have heard about it from more people.

DubLJay

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like your either hitting the l button when trying to delete or your phones memory is full and it's running really slowly. I make my cpu run slower than it should to save battery life and when the battery is low and I'm typing my keyboard seems very laggy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Katy DelMonte

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
This happened to both me and my mother within a few days of getting our Galaxy Core phones. You're definitely not alone. It's starting to annoy me because sometimes I have to restart the entire phone just to backspace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non