Question Anyone had the "Noe" No problem? AA adding and "e" when I say "no"

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? When I try to respond to an incoming text with voice, and I say "no". Android Auto for some reason adds an "e" to the "no", spelling "Noe", which it doesn't understand. It asks me again if I'd like to reply and when I say no again, it turns once again to "noe". After the 3rd time, it ignores me and brings up all the businesses in the area that begin with "Noe". WTF?

I made a video of the issue, but I guess I can't upload mp4 files to show everyone.

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
Can try Imgur to post the video here in the forums or share by YouTube video

Video is more descriptive, but I have attached pictures.

The first picture shows me responding to "do you want to reply?" which then it tacks on an "e" to my 'no' spelling "Noe".

I say "no" three times. The first two, it adds an "e" to 'no' (as shown in picture) and then asks again: "Do you want to reply?"

The third time, it just pulls up any destination in range that has "Noe" as a company name or title. (shown in 2nd picture).

This is very frustrating. If I respond "yes", it has no problem. If I don't want to reply, I have to say "No, I don't want to reply." I know this seems trivial, but I now have to explain this to anyone that rides in my car and uses AA this bug.

Attachments

• Noe.jpg
    Noe.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 16
  • Noe companies.jpg
    Noe companies.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Laura Knotek

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The thing that came to mind for me was other languages. Do you have more than one language associated with your keyboard? Noe comes up as Spanish for Noah. This brings up another thought which is pronunciation or dialect. Google is one of the better ones with these things but...

Have you checked your personal dictionary? Could it have been saved to a personal spelling list that way by mistake? Then there is the feature that replaces words that I believe is different and separate from the custom list. I think they're shortcuts of some kind. I found this link that I believe talks about it...

Let us know what you find.

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
I tried to go to my personal dictionary on my phone, but every guide I've found says: 1) Go to Settings 2) Go to "Language and Input"....

"Language and Input" isn't an option I can find anywhere under "Settings". Here are my options:

"Connections"
"Connected Devices"

"Modes and Routines"
"Sounds and vibration"
"Notifications"

"Display"
"Wallpaper and style"
"Themes"
"Home Screen"
"Lock Screen"

"Security and Privacy"
"Location"
"Safety and emergency"

"Accounts and backup"
"Google" (<--- checked here, no dictionary nor 'Language and Input" either)

"Advanced features"

"Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls"
"Battery and device care"
"Apps"

"General management" (<--- Language was under here, but "English" is selected and no other options available.)
"Accessibility"

"Software Update"
"Tips and help"
"About Phone"

That's it, no "Language and Input" nor "Personal Dictionary" anywhere on my phone =\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
U
I tried to go to my personal dictionary on my phone, but every guide I've found says: 1) Go to Settings 2) Go to "Language and Input"....

"Language and Input" isn't an option I can find anywhere under "Settings". Here are my options:

"Connections"
"Connected Devices"

"Modes and Routines"
"Sounds and vibration"
"Notifications"

"Display"
"Wallpaper and style"
"Themes"
"Home Screen"
"Lock Screen"

"Security and Privacy"
"Location"
"Safety and emergency"

"Accounts and backup"
"Google" (<--- checked here, no dictionary nor 'Language and Input" either)

"Advanced features"

"Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls"
"Battery and device care"
"Apps"

"General management" (<--- Language was under here, but "English" is selected and no other options available.)
"Accessibility"

"Software Update"
"Tips and help"
"About Phone"

That's it, no "Language and Input" nor "Personal Dictionary" anywhere on my phone =\
Under general management should have dictionary if you scroll down and language pack

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304_201022_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_201022_Settings.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240304_201011_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_201011_Settings.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 5

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
Wasn't there either =\ "Personal dictionary" isn't an option for me.

Btw, It's Samsung Galaxy S20+

Attachments

• General Managment1.jpg
    General Managment1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
  • General Managment2.jpg
    General Managment2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 3

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
US Version.

I'm quite certain Samsung hates me. I'm forever going online to fix something and the simple "fix" is, "oh, go here, and you make this change and ta-da, it's fixed" when the "here" doesn't exist for me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If your connected to Bluetooth with commands like ear pods make sure mic is clean or the stereo mic is clean if not using ear pods, couple things just to check also

JPerl

Feb 21, 2024
Visit site
If your connected to Bluetooth with commands like ear pods make sure mic is clean or the stereo mic is clean if not using ear pods, couple things just to check also

I speak through my cars microphone. I don't have any problems with any other applications (like when I speak to Google directly, asking for the weather, or other information), or with talking on phone to people or anything like that. It's only with no/noe that AA is getting wrong.