problems with texting delays

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, i am experiencing delays in getting texts. They will come in hours later. Sometimes the texts i try to send will not send and would give me an error. Did not have tgis issue with previous phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, i am experiencing delays in getting texts. They will come in hours later. Sometimes the texts i try to send will not send and would give me an error. Did not have tgis issue with previous phones.

That sounds like a normal network issue.. Not the phone. Fail sends happen to me to. I don't receive text messages hours later though..

Is network vision going on in your area (LTE being built out)? I've noticed a few more issues since they have been working on the network in Jacksonville.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Network problems do come and go. I've not heard of any issues like this with other GS3s. I've had occasional texting delays, and they always clear up by themselves.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
No, not that I know of. It's not a network issue. The last phone i had a week ago didnt do this.

This is not a common problem associated with your GS3. These types of problems are typically network issues , like Ameuit said. Bring your phone to to a local Sprint store to have them verify.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, not that I know of. It's not a network issue. The last phone i had a week ago didnt do this.

I would try what mobdad said. Check with the Sprint store to ensure. A week ago the network could have been great.. Now it's not. A perfect example is 2 weeks ago I had decent 3g...lately I have barley been able to load one email. I know network vision is the cause for me.. Could be the same for you.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This is not a common problem associated with your GS3. These types of problems are typically network issues , like Ameuit said. Bring your phone to to a local Sprint store to have them verify.

I just received about 10 updates. One of them broke my ability to send any text messages from any text app. Even uninstalling the apps did not fix it. I tested by going back to my last nandroid and text worked perfectly. Reinstalled the updates and i again lost the ability to send text messages. I restored my backup and text worked again. So until i find the app that killed it, I'm not doing any updates.

The bad part is uninstalling the apps doesn't fix it. So if you are unrooted and don't have the ability to restore a backup, you may be out of luck without a factory reset.