Issues syncing music to external sd

looopson

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I just got a sprint galaxy s3. I'm trying to sync my itunes music to my 32gb external sd card. So far I've tried ayncing wireless and wirelessly with itunes syncr, drag and drop and easy phone sync. I'm getting the same issues.

The sync is successful but when I try and play the music most of the songs only play half a second ans then skip to the next one. Upon restarting the phone and going in to my files I find that most of the folders have been renamed with funky lettering and that funny looking u is the first letter. Like the u in utorrent. Now the folders are empty! The music is completely gone. There are still about five folders that have retained their names and will still play in the music player. Most have been renamed to seven character gibberish and are empty.

I've tried so many methods I'm really at my wits end. Is it the files or the android system? Could it be the external sd card? I've formatted it repeatedly but only from the settings menu on my phone.

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got a sprint galaxy s3. I'm trying to sync my itunes music to my 32gb external sd card. So far I've tried ayncing wireless and wirelessly with itunes syncr, drag and drop and easy phone sync. I'm getting the same issues.

The sync is successful but when I try and play the music most of the songs only play half a second ans then skip to the next one. Upon restarting the phone and going in to my files I find that most of the folders have been renamed with funky lettering and that funny looking u is the first letter. Like the u in utorrent. Now the folders are empty! The music is completely gone. There are still about five folders that have retained their names and will still play in the music player. Most have been renamed to seven character gibberish and are empty.

I've tried so many methods I'm really at my wits end. Is it the files or the android system? Could it be the external sd card? I've formatted it repeatedly but only from the settings menu on my phone.

Please help. Thanks!

How are you doing this? I just copy and paste the files to my sdcard with a card reader.

looopson

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've used a USB cable and done drag and drop. I've also tried Easy Phone Sync with a USB cable. And I've also done it wirelessly with iSyncr. Same results every time. My computer doesn't have a card reader. I thought maybe my computer usb was screwed up so I did it wirelessly but it still did the same thing.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've used a USB cable and done drag and drop. I've also tried Easy Phone Sync with a USB cable. And I've also done it wirelessly with iSyncr. Same results every time. My computer doesn't have a card reader. I thought maybe my computer usb was screwed up so I did it wirelessly but it still did the same thing.

You can buy a usb card reader for a few bucks. What type of file extension?