Equalizer not working after lastest update

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem since I first posted this thread and no results. Unlike what others say, in my case it's every equalizer I've tried. Support is either going to tell you disable the stock eq, reinstall or its a problem with the os which that seems to be the most logical reason since mine messed up after an update back in April. Since you're having a problem with your S4 and new update in guessing Samsung or Sprint haven't addressed the issue. I'm guessing since not that many people use an EQ it's not really major issue with them which ends up ruining our phones for us. Hopefully we get it fixed soon.

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I contacted T-mobile and the developer for about 10 or 11 equalizer apps to see if anyone had a fix. T-mobile doesn't even acknowledge that it's a problem. Deleting, reset device are all moves that don't fix the problem, the problem is at the platform level

SqlWolfe

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If I go into settings / applications, and force stop all stock sound apps (most have the headphones icon), and disable or uninstall the ones that allow this, my equalizer app works. Hopefully HTC figures out that users know more about the sound they crave than does HTC. I'm certainly not an audiophile, but I found beats audio about as useful as launch control on a moped.

Buji

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, and couldn't get it to work after disabling all the stock apps I could. I couldn't disable the stock music player.
I am on a galaxy s4, Verizon, with the latest Mk2 build and everything. I tried Equalizer, the built in Music FX, and one other app I can't remember the name of. I RELY on the eq settings to be able to hear in certain situations, and not having an EQ was driving me nuts.

I finally found something that worked for me. I went through the Adapt Setup and did the little hearing test etc, after that all other eq apps seem to be working ok. I still don't have the menu item if I go straight to settings, but I can invoke it by opening google music player and settings --> equalizer.

Just thought I'd post something here since I've been trying to fix this for a few weeks now and I thought there might be a few other people who rely on this. This thread seems to be the most referenced when I googled the issue.
I'm curious if anyone else having the problem can try this and see if it fixes things.

Steve Lopez2

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I bluetooth my phone to my truck radio everyday and bought the Equalizer app to enhance the sound through my stereo. It seems that after the MD4 update the equalizer from both the stock music app and the Equalizer app dont fuction properly. Normally by moving all six sliders up it improves the bass, treble, etc. Vice versa when moving the sliders down. Now when I try moving the sliders up it gets lower and theres no way to improve the volume no matter how I adjust it. I thought it was just a glitch on the Equalizer app so I tried the Music FX which is the stock equalizer and same problem. The best sound is the stock settings which defeats the purpose of a custom equalizer. I tried a hard reset and no luck. I even had the Sprint store reinstall the software since I had a problem with the TalkBack going on by itself. It fixed that issue but the equalizer is still useless. Does anyone that use an Equalizer app have this problem or maybe know that could be causing this issue. I would appreciate some help so I can continue jamming out loud again.

Stele71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Dear all,
I had the same problem of epic210, but I solved it only yesterday!!!
I installed jetAudio from google play and it (and only it) works (without rooting)!!!!! It has an equalizer that works perfectly without decrease gain (volume) of audio!!! This problem affect many android smartphone (I tested samsung note 2 and S4 mini) with 4.3.
Please try it and tell me how it goes.

Last edited:

AntePante

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought Loewe speaker2go with Aptx. Soundcontrol on my z1 compact (kitkat) is not working. Bluetooth volume is at maximum when playing Spotify and internal player. I flashed my phone to Jellybean 4.3. (14.2.a.1.114 generic nordic) Now volume control works BUT Spotify/Sony Equalizer is not working. You can move sliders but nothing happens to The sound. After hours of trial and error I finally found The solution. Go to phone settings/options sound. Select sound when touch. Swedish: Ljud vid beröring, and there...Equalizer is working. No kitkat, but nice sound from my Loewe, that is better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa