S3 "delete app" data hog?

olo3000

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a data usage question for you guys. Stock S3 with Sprint. When I check my Data Usage the majority of it is used by "Delete App" which appears to be a stock android process. See screenshot attached. What is this? Can I stop it?

I have a suspicion that Sprint is throttling my data speed because it slowed down drastically right as I hit 2GB.

Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 28

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen that "deleted apps", although I don't check that page much since I have unlimited data. My guess would be this indicates data that was used by an app, or apps, that you deleted after they used that data, so the S3 can't tie that data to the app anymore because the app doesn't exist.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen "delete apps" before either. Like Meyerweb, I have unlimited data, so it's not an issue for me. I don't believe Sprint is throttling back your data speed. Check your data usage settings to see if you have "Limited mobile data usage" checked. BTW, do you have an unlimited data plan?

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's an app or apps you've deleted. That's the amount of data the app ate before you deleted it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

olo3000

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, thanks everybody. Regarding the "Deleted Apps" data usage, I respectfully disagree that is data that has been used by a since deleted app. I have very few apps and I rarely download/delete new ones. If I extend the data usage date range to the last 6 months, the "Deleted Apps" accounts for about 1.0 GB each month. There is no way that I am downloading, using, and deleting apps that use that much data. I have found other accounts on the web about this issue, with no known explanation. Check here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/700726-delete-apps.html

Regarding the throttling, yes, I have the Sprint unlimited data plan. Don't know why but data speeds slowed to a trickle near the end of my billing cycle. As you can see in the screenshot, I was only at about 2 GB of usage. Could have some other issue causing that, don't really know.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks everybody. Regarding the "Deleted Apps" data usage, I respectfully disagree that is data that has been used by a since deleted app. I have very few apps and I rarely download/delete new ones. If I extend the data usage date range to the last 6 months, the "Deleted Apps" accounts for about 1.0 GB each month. There is no way that I am downloading, using, and deleting apps that use that much data. I have found other accounts on the web about this issue, with no known explanation. Check here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/700726-delete-apps.html

Regarding the throttling, yes, I have the Sprint unlimited data plan. Don't know why but data speeds slowed to a trickle near the end of my billing cycle. As you can see in the screenshot, I was only at about 2 GB of usage. Could have some other issue causing that, don't really know.

Interesting. Glad you're on sprint and not Verizon or att. I'd be pissed if i had a cap and that happened. Do you use wifi too? Click on delete apps and then click on wifi in the upper right to see how much wifi data it uses.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87