How do I remove a paired Bluetooth device?

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a device in the Bluetooth list that the phone is no longer able to communicate with. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the device from the list. I thought this could be done by long pressing on the device name, but that doesn't do anything.

Posted via Android Central App

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a device in the Bluetooth list that the phone is no longer able to communicate with. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the device from the list. I thought this could be done by long pressing on the device name, but that doesn't do anything.

Go to settings click on the word bluetooth then turn it on on the right side you'll see the settings icon next ti each paired device click the icon on the one you want to remove then hit unpaired ...that should do it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I already unpaired the device. What I am trying to do is remove the device from the list.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I already unpaired the device. What I am trying to do is remove the device from the list.

After you unpair it u have to restart your phone if you havent restarted it you will still see it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If it still appears in the list of connections, tap it then tap "forget" in the box that appears.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

wmiller8

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also have problem removing a no longer used pair bluetooth device. I have gone to settings....bluetooth.....Available devices...my device is still listed without a setting icon. HELP???

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
FYI
Actually you can just turn Bluetooth off and then back on and the unpaired device will be gone. I do this on a regular bases......

Kenaniahmwh

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the method that I used was to first unpair the device, then when that was done, I clicked "Search For Devices" and that cleared it out of the list for me - no need to reboot or anything else (at least in my experience). :)