How do I remove a device from from My Device?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought the Google Pixel watch, which shows up when using 'Find My Device'. i have since returned the watch but i am not able to remove it.

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.50.14 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 8.50.14 AM.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 13

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to remove it from your Google Account Settings (Security/Devices). Just sign out of the device you don't own if it's still showing up there. It may take a while for the 'Find My Device' list to update, however, but that should do the trick.

There should also be an 'Erase' option in the screen you showed, and if you factory-reset the watch when you returned it, it should just remove the device from the list (not sure about this one as I don't have any device like that on my list, so can't try it out).

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
You should be able to remove it from your Google Account Settings (Security/Devices). Just sign out of the device you don't own if it's still showing up there. It may take a while for the 'Find My Device' list to update, however, but that should do the trick.

There should also be an 'Erase' option in the screen you showed, and if you factory-reset the watch when you returned it, it should just remove the device from the list (not sure about this one as I don't have any device like that on my list, so can't try it out).
1. from my google account -> security -> your devices, i do not even see the pixel watch
2. when i try to erase the device in Find my Device, it does not work because it says can't reach device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1. from my google account -> security -> your devices, i do not even see the pixel watch
2. when i try to erase the device in Find my Device, it does not work because it says can't reach device.
Under the Security>Your Devices, are you also tapping Manage All Devices?

Reactions: SpookDroid

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the Play Store website on your computer browser, click your profile pic at the upper right, then Library & Devices>Devices. Is the watch there? If so, try unchecking it and see if it disappears from Find My Device now.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Try going to the Play Store website on your computer browser, click your profile pic at the upper right, then Library & Devices>Devices. Is the watch there? If so, try unchecking it and see if it disappears from Find My Device now.
Wow that takes me back. I remember back in the day how hidden this was. I wonder if there is still a backend delay like there use to be to remove is across Google.

IIRC, you could deactivate it but it would stay in the list for a weeks before being purged. Wonder if OP is facing something like this but bug flavored.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow that takes me back. I remember back in the day how hidden this was. I wonder if there is still a backend delay like there use to be to remove is across Google.

IIRC, you could deactivate it but it would stay in the list for a weeks before being purged. Wonder if OP is facing something like this but bug flavored.
Yeah, I still see a bunch of old devices in that list that I last used in June 2023. But other older devices did eventually drop off ...

Reactions: Laura Knotek

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Try going to the Play Store website on your computer browser, click your profile pic at the upper right, then Library & Devices>Devices. Is the watch there? If so, try unchecking it and see if it disappears from Find My Device n
i followed your instructions to uncheck the device, Pixel watch, and it no longer shows up from Find My Device.

thank you so much for your help, you rock !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana