04-04-2017 12:02 AM
31 12
tools
    So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.
    05-04-2014 09:55 PM
    So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.
    Welcome to the forums. So, you don't have Play in the app drawer?
    05-04-2014 10:51 PM
    Sorry, forgive my ignorance, not really an S3 guru. What exactly is the "app drawer"?
    05-04-2014 10:55 PM
    Sorry, forgive my ignorance, not really an S3 guru. What exactly is the "app drawer"?
    Should be the button on the bottom row marked Apps, basically like the start menu for Windows.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-04-2014 11:17 PM
    You probably could factory reset and see if it works, or download the playstore .APK file and load it on a SD card and try to install off of the card. or internal storage.
    05-06-2014 02:54 AM
    What exactly is the "app drawer"?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-09-2014 01:31 AM
    I had same experience while using 'android wear' app.
    After installation of application, I tried to execute it and app icon disappeared at the Home screen.
    I found this disappeared app in the NOT USED list of app drawer.
    So far no solution per this problem.
    I am looking forward to seeing any resolution.
    07-29-2014 07:49 PM
    If you can see the icon ANYWHERE in the app drawer, just hold it down till it "vibrates", then you can place a copy of the icon on your home page! This is true of any app in the app drawer.
    09-23-2014 03:32 PM
    open manage apps and enable it,,,
    12-29-2014 09:03 AM

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.
    Go to your settings -> application manager. Up at the top where you see Downloaded, SD card, Running, etc., scroll to the right until you see Turned off. Look for Play store in the list, click on it then click the Turn on button & you should be good to go.
    Kenny Ryan and GShepherd like this.
    01-13-2015 05:03 AM
    Hi guys i have S3 phone suddenly many apps missing even i con't see play store also, i check in application manager >downloaded it shows sd without icon, but i dont have sd card in phone, but my storage is still fill,,,, any solutions without factory reset?
    04-15-2015 07:00 AM
    On my phone, I had to scroll right in the App Manager until I got to the "All" tab, then scroll down to the very bottom of the list to see turned off apps.

Just go into the turned off Google Play app and hit "Turn On"
    04-17-2015 11:44 AM
    Sd card also refers to the internal sd card partition. That is what is full.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 03:33 PM
    I'm having the same issue - nexus 7, 2013 tablet. There is no option for turned off apps where I can turn it back on. It's enabled, but icon is missing. It's also not in the app drawer.
    04-23-2015 12:07 PM
    You will probably have to do a factory reset.
    06-02-2015 08:14 AM
    Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a month!
    08-05-2015 11:06 AM
    Maybe clear cache turn off phone. Hold volume down, power , and home key, let go of home key after vibration then you'll see clear cache and it'll direct you on what to do next
    08-14-2015 04:04 PM
    Thank you so much... It was in my turned off apps!
    08-22-2015 09:50 AM
    Thank you. It has taken literally months of searching to find this answer. Now that I know, couldn't e any easier
    09-11-2015 05:42 PM
    Thanks Jodi, a clear concise answer followed your instructions and it's back working again

Ian
    11-09-2015 02:10 PM
    I am finally able to restore it from my cloud backup, in my case it is from mi cloud
    07-13-2016 02:17 AM
    Happened to me when the restricted access changed notification appeared.
    But it went back to normal after 5 min or so.
    07-27-2016 01:24 AM
    Go to your settings -> application manager. Up at the top where you see Downloaded, SD card, Running, etc., scroll to the right until you see Turned off. Look for Play store in the list, click on it then click the Turn on button & you should be good to go.
    Thanks. Just the solution for my Note 2!
    08-27-2016 09:09 PM
    Awesome, never knew the extra column existed lol! Cheers :-)
    09-06-2016 02:57 AM
    You probably could factory reset and see if it works, or download the playstore .APK file and load it on a SD card and try to install off of the card. or internal storage.
    My play store went missing and I don't even know how and now, none of the Google family are responding. Will factory reset work? I'd really appreciate your help.
    My phone is Samsung galaxy S2
    09-24-2016 08:35 AM
31 12