Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play Store App Missing

So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    21,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Play Store App Missing

Quote Originally Posted by wiredcrazy View Post
    So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.
    Welcome to the forums. So, you don't have Play in the app drawer?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, not really an S3 guru. What exactly is the "app drawer"?

Global Posts
    21,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Sorry, forgive my ignorance, not really an S3 guru. What exactly is the "app drawer"?
    Should be the button on the bottom row marked Apps, basically like the start menu for Windows.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

You probably could factory reset and see if it works, or download the playstore .APK file and load it on a SD card and try to install off of the card. or internal storage.

What exactly is the "app drawer"?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I had same experience while using 'android wear' app.
    After installation of application, I tried to execute it and app icon disappeared at the Home screen.
    I found this disappeared app in the NOT USED list of app drawer.
    So far no solution per this problem.
    I am looking forward to seeing any resolution.

If you can see the icon ANYWHERE in the app drawer, just hold it down till it "vibrates", then you can place a copy of the icon on your home page! This is true of any app in the app drawer.