Sprint default configuration is ready to install bug

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Got my One on Friday. Great phone overall. Occasionally I get a pop up saying the Sprint default configuration has been downloaded and is ready to install. It's a bit of a pest, especially since I didn't know what it was the first time and I lost all my settings as my phone defaulted itself. Anyone else getting this? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally hit it, instead of swiping it away. It undid all of my work getting my home screens setup with widgets, apps and such. At least it didn't change my background. Hopefully now that I accidentally ran the stupid thing, I won't get the notification again.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had initially installed on day one and then moved on but I disabled and deleted what seemed like sprint bloat which resulted in having the default bubble popping up again. I accidently hit ok again yesterday and man was I upset. Hopefully there will be an update.

daveh98

May 4, 2013
Visit site
My first post as I was going to come to the forums to post on this. I just moved from the iPhone 4s and am VERY GLAD I did but this bug is very annoying. I will have to ignore the message and swipe it away but they need to fix this sooner than later. Overall, this is an absolutely wonderful phone and piece of technology. I haven't read this bug in interviews and I wonder why it has been overlooked. Seems to be a prominent problem!

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got this once at activation (I had the phone for a half a day without activation). Wiped out all the apps I had configured (complete /data partition?) then installed Sprint custom/network bloatware. It popped up once more and I ignored it and haven't seen it since.

snowman

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got this once at activation (I had the phone for a half a day without activation). Wiped out all the apps I had configured (complete /data partition?) then installed Sprint custom/network bloatware. It popped up once more and I ignored it and haven't seen it since.

This happened to me today. Not happy as it deleted everything I had set up. I went into apps and cleared data, force stopped, and uninstalled all the sprint stuff except family locator. Then restarted the phone. The first time I did this they all came back. The second time I did it they stayed gone. Maybe worth a try for others.

Miner

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Any resolution to this? I'm getting that "notification" about every second or third day.

I'd be curious what it includes, but based on an above comment "accidentally hit it, instead of swiping away. It undid all of my work ..." just want to be done with it.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience as Snowman describes above. After clearing and deleting all Sprint stuff that I possibly could, restarted phone, let it download and install its stuff again, and it was finally satisfied and has not come back after several days.

My guess is that the install gets interrupted somehow during the initial set up of the phone and then gets flagged inside of its config file that it needs to complete the install. But the config file does not get updated properly removing the flag the next time it installs. So it keeps trying to install it again and again. Deleting everything, restarting, and then letting it install fresh again gets the config file updated properly finally. Not sure... just a theory.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The alternative, if it's already downloaded the default configuration and sprint branded crapware, is to suppress the notification. Go to settings - > applications - > sprint id and uncheck "show notifications. " it can be ready all it wants and you'll never have to hear about it. It's what I did. There hasn't seemed to be any ill effect in the three weeks since I did it. There is no unexplained battery drain, and no wakelocks by sprint id, so maybe it eventually gave up.

Posted via Android Central App

TXlady73

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I was finally able to shut off the notification for it. I ran it initially when I bought my phone but after uninstalling as much of the bloatware as possible, the Sprint Default configuration started downloading again and prompting me to install. I did it once and it re-installed all that mess I had uninstalled to begin with. My advice is to NOT install it and disable the notifications for Sprint ID so that you won't be prompted to install it over and over again. I hope Sprint will stop forcing it to download. It's annoying.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The alternative, if it's already downloaded the default configuration and sprint branded crapware, is to suppress the notification. Go to settings - > applications - > sprint id and uncheck "show notifications. " it can be ready all it wants and you'll never have to hear about it. It's what I did. There hasn't seemed to be any ill effect in the three weeks since I did it. There is no unexplained battery drain, and no wakelocks by sprint id, so maybe it eventually gave up.

I read this and went into settings to get rid of the notifications after getting the default configuration popup again. The notifications box was already unchecked so there is something else going on. I really want Sprint to fix this.

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I unchecked show notification and a few days later I still got the notification to install. I backed out of it but would rather it not show up. Does installing the update only effect sense or all launchers? I don't see any benefit to sprint I'd. Does anyone actually use or like it? I do think the sprint HTC one has the least bloatware of any carrier smartphone I've had so far.

kostnkost

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Any resolution to this? I just picked up an HTC One and had this wipe all my apps after installing. Now that I am a day and a half into my phone, I would hate for this to wipe everything clean again.

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had also tried to disable notifications in the Sprint ID app, and the notification returned. I have now turned off notification for Sprint Installer. Also searched this at XDA, this same solution suggested there by Rougegoat -

"I had the same issue. Here's how I stopped it while also preventing it from using up background resources.
Open up Settings->Apps
Swipe over to "ALL"
Find "Sprint Installer"
Disable it
Never be prompted by it again"

I will post back if this is unsuccessful.