Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFC.

i was trying to recive a video from a samsung device via nfc. Turns out s-beam uses a different method than android beam. Im sure you all know that. My question is, when i turn on nfc there seems to be 2 different symbols. Does anyone know if one is compatable with sbeam? I will update later with pics.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: NFC.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    25,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

I thought S beam was only between Samsung devices. If they turn S beam off, but leave NFC on it should work.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh. I didnt know that was a possibility. Lol. Anyways. Do you know why there are2 different nfc logos?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think. I figured it out. Sorry for the lame post.

Global Posts
    25,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by mikefrc31984 View Post
    I think. I figured it out. Sorry for the lame post.

Don't sweat it.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

What about TAP AND PAY in Google Wallet being activated for the Sprint LG G2? Are we going to have to wait for the 4.4 update next year to get this from Google Wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by sansom View Post
    What about TAP AND PAY in Google Wallet being activated for the Sprint LG G2? Are we going to have to wait for the 4.4 update next year to get this from Google Wallet?
    Tap and pay is a kit kat feature. The update to 4.4 will enable it.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

I have no problem using the Google wallet app to tap and pay through nfc so it's not a kit Kat thing.

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?
    sansom likes this.

You are using 'Tap and Pay' on the G2 DepecheModeGirl? I even contacted and spoke with Google Wallet and they 'punted' and gave me the line that the G2 isn't supported yet. Can you please post what Google Wallet version you have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    I have no problem using the Google wallet app to tap and pay through nfc so it's not a kit Kat thing.

Rockin my LG G2

You are using 'Tap and Pay' on the G2 DepecheModeGirl? I even contacted and spoke with Google Wallet and they 'punted' and gave me the line that the G2 isn't supported yet. Can you please post what Google Wallet version you have?

I used Tap and Pay on EVO 4G LTE with Google Wallet and it never made it passed 4.2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Hello depechemodegurl,

Just recently bought my G2.

I was disappointed to see at the Google Wallet site, that the G2 was not on their list of phones currently able to function with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system.

However I see you say that your G2 works with Wallet's Tap and Pay system, is that accurate?

Is your G2 a standard, USA, LG G2 on Sprint?

If so, and you're saying it works, you'll make my day. Please confirm.

TahoeRunner
    01/15/2014, at 5:30am PST

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLibations View Post
    I used Tap and Pay on EVO 4G LTE with Google Wallet and it never made it passed 4.2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Same Here but actually it was 4.1.2 to be exact
    Thanked by:
    TonyLibations likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtank View Post
    Same Here but actually it was 4.1.2 to be exact

Bigtank & TonyLibations,

I believe you've been able to use your Evo with Tap and Pay, because the Evo is on the list of devices capable of using Tap and Pay...see link

As you guys state, your versions of Android, even prior to 4.2 could handle Tap and Pay. There was never an issue if "Kitkat" being a requirement for Tap and Pay as I've seen some state elsewhere on the net. (maybe for the G2 and several others only)

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

Funny, LG has a few devices on the list at the above link, but the LG G2 is not on it, kinda odd don't you think?

Why would the device manufacturers and carriers design and implement a new device and not provide the latest technology at least as an "option" for the end users?

Wonder what the logic, or lack thereof, was behind that?

TahoeRunner

Isn't there something about the carriers interfering with Google tap and pay?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Isn't there something about the carriers interfering with Google tap and pay?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Could be, by why would they do that?

If Android is able to handle Tap and Pay, as the list shows plenty of android devices that can, why would Google, or the Carriers not be in Sync with this technology, today and on a go forward basis?

Why would Google provide an operating system such as the G2's 4.2.2 to a manufacturer, or carrier, and not have it support the use of Tap and Pay, when Google has invested millions and millions in the roll-out and support of the Wallet and it's Tap and Pay system? That doesn't make any sense.

Is there a competing pay system that the carriers are implementing and trying to cut Google out of the picture?

Is it a security issue and so the carriers don't want the liability?

Are there new Android based devices being delivered "today" that are able to use Tap and Pay?

Is it that Sprint and/or LG just has their head-up-their-. . . ?

When you call Sprint and ask if the G2 works with Tap and Pay, they'll tell you "yes, all android devices can handle Tap and Pay". I tried that just the other day, so even the sprint employees don't know what's going on.

All great questions nobody seems to definitively answer. And that in itself is kinda strange, isn't it?

TahoeRunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe-Runner View Post
    Hello depechemodegurl,

Just recently bought my G2.

I was disappointed to see at the Google Wallet site, that the G2 was not on their list of phones currently able to function with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system.

However I see you say that your G2 works with Wallet's Tap and Pay system, is that accurate?

Is your G2 a standard, USA, LG G2 on Sprint?

If so, and you're saying it works, you'll make my day. Please confirm.

TahoeRunner
    01/15/2014, at 5:30am PST
    When I first got my G2 I was able to tap and pay. I received an update to my Google wallet shortly after that took the ability away. Not sure why because it worked the same way it did on my S3. Kind of bummed about it.

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    When I first got my G2 I was able to tap and pay. I received an update to my Google wallet shortly after that took the ability away. Not sure why because it worked the same way it did on my S3. Kind of bummed about it.

Rockin my LG G2

Sorry to hear that depechemodegurl,

That sucks.....again, no answers are ever provided to the list of question I noted above.

Wish I would have known before I bought my LG G2 that Tap and Pay with Sprint does't work.

Since Sprint, LG, or Google chooses not to answer why the G2 with 4.2.2 was designed and sold to "not" work with Tap and Pay, wish there was a definitive source to go to for answers?

TahoeRunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe-Runner View Post
    Could be, by why would they do that?

If Android is able to handle Tap and Pay, as the list shows plenty of android devices that can, why would Google, or the Carriers not be in Sync with this technology, today and on a go forward basis?

Why would Google provide an operating system such as the G2's 4.2.2 to a manufacturer, or carrier, and not have it support the use of Tap and Pay, when Google has invested millions and millions in the roll-out and support of the Wallet and it's Tap and Pay system? That doesn't make any sense.

Is there a competing pay system that the carriers are implementing and trying to cut Google out of the picture?

Is it a security issue and so the carriers don't want the liability?

Are there new Android based devices being delivered "today" that are able to use Tap and Pay?

Is it that Sprint and/or LG just has their head-up-their-. . . ?

When you call Sprint and ask if the G2 works with Tap and Pay, they'll tell you "yes, all android devices can handle Tap and Pay". I tried that just the other day, so even the sprint employees don't know what's going on.

All great questions nobody seems to definitively answer. And that in itself is kinda strange, isn't it?

TahoeRunner
    I'm not sure what is up with Sprint but I think (could be wrong) that AT&T and/or Verizon support Isis which I believe is their competing system. I don't know if it's for security but I'm sure it's because they can make more money off it.

As far as I know the only phone which truly can implement Google tap and pay is the Nexus 5 because the carriers cannot pollute it with their bloat and changes to the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_...ayment_system)

I don't know what's up with Sprint though, maybe the employees are hit and miss as to which ones know about tap and pay on Sprint phones.

I'm not sure what is up with Sprint but I think (could be wrong) that AT&T and/or Verizon support Isis which I believe is their competing system. I don't know if it's for security but I'm sure it's because they can make more money off it.

As far as I know the only phone which truly can implement Google tap and pay is the Nexus 5 because the carriers cannot pollute it with their bloat and changes to the OS.

With all due respect, if you look at the list of devices that handle Tap and Pay, there are plenty of devices out there besides the Google's Nexus that function with Tap and Pay. Unless the list Google produces is bogus, smoke and mirror coming from Google?

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

TahoeRunner

Not smoke and mirrors, it's just that most carrier phones will only use Isis tap and pay and not Google Wallet.

Isis (mobile payment system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what's up with Sprint though, maybe the employees are hit and miss as to which ones know about tap and pay on Sprint phones.

If that's the case, kinda sad for Sprint?

Sprint isn't alone in that regard, you'll find the same levels of relative knowledge at any other carrier.

Not smoke and mirrors, it's just that most carrier phones will only use Isis tap and pay and not Google Wallet.

Is there any such type of list produced for ISIS, that shows merchant locations? Where your can use "their" tap and pay system?

Are you saying the G2 can use ISIS?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast