Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint LG G2: Battery sucks!

I Had This LG G2 For about 2 months now , i love this phone but the only thing thats keeping me away is the battery , please help

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Battery sucks !

We need a bit more info to help you. Can you post a screen shot image of you battery usage? Go setting - battery.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    Thanked by:
    Julio Esteves likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    We need a bit more info to help you. Can you post a screen shot image of you battery usage? Go setting - battery.

ಠ益ಠ
    How Would I Add A Screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Esteves View Post
    How Would I Add A Screenshot

If you're using tapatalk you can just attach a pic by hitting your menu button on your reply and choose attach picture.

Rockin my LG G2
    In your room
    Where time stands still
    Or moves at your will
    Will you let the morning come soon
    Or will you leave me lying here?
    Thanked by:
    Julio Esteves likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is This Good For You ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodegurl View Post
    If you're using tapatalk you can just attach a pic by hitting your menu button on your reply and choose attach picture.

Rockin my LG G2
    And Thanks , 😀

Thanked by:

I Had This LG G2 For about 2 months now , i love this phone but the only thing thats keeping me away is the battery , please help

Really? This phone has one of the best batteries that I have used, it just kills my iPhone 5 in useage. how do you use it and how many apps are running in the background will affect the life. My LG isai with is the same as the G2 shows 48% and it was last charged 3 days ago.

I would say that you have a lot of apps running in the background that you do not need.
    LG-isai
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    Really? This phone has one of the best batteries that I have used, it just kills my iPhone 5 in useage. how do you use it and how many apps are running in the background will affect the life. My LG isai with is the same as the G2 shows 48% and it was last charged 3 days ago.

I would say that you have a lot of apps running in the background that you do not need.
    I Know Man , I Saw Every Geting Like 30 Hours And Im Getting Like 6 If I Conserve Battery Life ,

your screen is using 28% of the power, what brightness level is it set to? Mine is set to around 28%, the display will use more power than anything else on the phone
    LG-isai

I Know Man , I Saw Every Geting Like 30 Hours And Im Getting Like 6 If I Conserve Battery Life , http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/duse6are.jpg

Click on the screen portion under the breakdown. What is your "screen on time"?

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

LG G2 battery life test: long live the king
    LG G2 battery life test: long live the king
    LG-isai
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    your screen is using 28% of the power, what brightness level is it set to? Mine is set to around 28%, the display will use more power than anything else on the phone
    My Brightness Is Always At 0 % , Believe It Or Not , Im At School Where The Lights Are Always on So I Can See Perfectly

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Click on the screen portion under the breakdown. What is your "screen on time"?

ಠ益ಠ
    Like 2 Hours Shouldn't Even Count , My Phone Was Going To Die But I Put It To Charge , While In Use

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/a2ugedeq.jpg Like 2 Hours Shouldn't Even Count , My Phone Was Going To Die But I Put It To Charge , While In Use

Are you really complaining of 3 hours of screen time? Of course that's going to drain your battery, especially if your brightness is high.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by holyjesusjuice View Post
    Are you really complaining of 3 hours of screen time? Of course that's going to drain your battery, especially if your brightness is high.
    Yes , Because I Know There's People Out There Who Use There Phone More Than Be And Still Will Have Much More Battery , 3 Hours , WOW

Yes , Because I Know There's People Out There Who Use There Phone More Than Be And Still Will Have Much More Battery , 3 Hours , WOW

I don't know if you have a problem honestly. You say 2 hours wouldn't count but 4 hours of on screen time is not bad. It's not stellar but on a good day you would get 5 to 6 I would guess.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I don't know if you have a problem honestly. You say 2 hours wouldn't count but 4 hours of on screen time is not bad. It's not stellar but on a good day you would get 5 to 6 I would guess.

ಠ益ಠ
    Alright I Guess , I Just
    Used To Do The Same Thing With My iPhone 4 , Just Seems Weird , But Thanks Everyone

Default Re: Sprint LG G2: Battery sucks!

I get around 6-7hrs screen on time. Definitely the best battery life I've had on any phone.
    If your battery life is underwhelming, try installing wakelock detector. Let it run throughout one of your days (off charger) and it'll tell you if any apps are keeping your display awake or your cpu awake.
    Cpu wakelock is a killer of many batteries because rogue applications will keep the Cpu awake when it should be sleeping.

Edit:
    Also some people have issues with battery when they port over their music. Sometimes songs get corrupted and cause the media server to keep trying to scan. I wouldn't think that's the case so with how small the percentage of the battery your media has used but I figure it's worth noting anyway.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by BecomingDeath13 View Post
    I get around 6-7hrs screen on time. Definitely the best battery life I've had on any phone.
    If your battery life is underwhelming, try installing wakelock detector. Let it run throughout one of your days (off charger) and it'll tell you if any apps are keeping your display awake or your cpu awake.
    Cpu wakelock is a killer of many batteries because rogue applications will keep the Cpu awake when it should be sleeping.

Edit:
    Also some people have issues with battery when they port over their music. Sometimes songs get corrupted and cause the media server to keep trying to scan. I wouldn't think that's the case so with how small the percentage of the battery your media has used but I figure it's worth noting anyway.
    Alrighty , I'll Run It Tomorrow , Thanks For The Input

Thanked by:

Not a problem, Julio. Let us know how it goes.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by BecomingDeath13 View Post
    Not a problem, Julio. Let us know how it goes.

Gonna Say This Is The Problem ?

Thanked by:
    BecomingDeath13 likes this.

Yes. Google+ is your problem... How in the hell it's keeping the phone awake like that baffles me, but definitely do something about g+. 9hrs is ridiculous.
    Uninstall updates and reinstall them, or just disable it completely if you don't use it. You could always use the mobile Web page too though.

Yes Google+ is definitely your problem. I wish Google would resolve this. I had an issue were Google+ ate up half of my data allowance in like a half hour. I bet it has to do with auto backing you photos. I would go into the setting for photo auto back up and make sure it is set to only backup when on the charger and only back up when on wifi. That way you still get your photos backed up and it doesn't eat up your data or your battery. Also I went into my data manager and restricted google+ to use background data only on wifi to be sure. Make those changes and you will get the stellar battery life you were hoping for ;-)

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Gillentine likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Yes Google+ is definitely your problem. I wish Google would resolve this. I had an issue were Google+ ate up half of my data allowance in like a half hour. I bet it has to do with auto backing you photos. I would go into the setting for photo auto back up and make sure it is set to only backup when on the charger and only back up when on wifi. That way you still get your photos backed up and it doesn't eat up your data or your battery. Also I went into my data manager and restricted google+ to use background data only on wifi to be sure. Make those changes and you will get the stellar battery life you were hoping for ;-)

ಠ益ಠ
    Ok Soo Google+ Has Been Disabled But My Battery Stills Drainging The Same Heres The Cpu Wakelock And Wakeup Triggers

Statistics over two minutes won't give much info. It's much easier to gauge when you leave the phone off the charger for a few hours. Gives the apps time to engage *** mode. Haha

DWR_31 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast