Sprint LG G2: What did we NOT get with the update?

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I love the KitKat update. I really do. But it seems like there were some things we didn't get with it. The cover art for music and movies on the lock screen, immersive mode, and I'm not for sure what else. Don't know if that is due to Sprint or LG. Is anyone disappointed about it? Your thoughts please.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: What did we NOT get with the update?

Yes I agree, mostly. But I think the immersion feature does work with certain apps... But yeah the update was not what I expected. I wish the blue color was gone, everywhere (!!!) Blue is ugly. The lock screen stuff is a bummer, and a bunch of other stuff. I would have to read the change logs for KK though. My favorite thing honestly is the transitions. It feels so much smoother. I felt like 4.2.2 the transitions were too fast and choppy. I can actually see them now and it is smooth. That for me is a win.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I love the KitKat update. I really do. But it seems like there were some things we didn't get with it. The cover art for music and movies on the lock screen, immersive mode, and I'm not for sure what else. Don't know if that is due to Sprint or LG. Is anyone disappointed about it? Your thoughts please.

I'm overall pretty happy, I love the new white icons and agree that they should have gotten rid of the blue everywhere.

Rockin my LG G2

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

First, let me say that I really don't know the facts, but I thought I read somewhere that KitKat was going to make our menus (like when opening Settings) dark with light text. I really wish I could make it look like the picture below. If I'm missing an obvious preference, please let me know. I just have stock KitKat on my G2. Thanks, folks. (I guess this could be a choice by Sprint or LG to have the background white...).

dark.png

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

I was wondering about that. That could just be for the Samsung models though.

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, that could very well be the case. I must admit, that's one thing I miss from my previous Samsung S3.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes I agree, mostly. But I think the immersion feature does work with certain apps... But yeah the update was not what I expected. I wish the blue color was gone, everywhere (!!!) Blue is ugly. The lock screen stuff is a bummer, and a bunch of other stuff. I would have to read the change logs for KK though. My favorite thing honestly is the transitions. It feels so much smoother. I felt like 4.2.2 the transitions were too fast and choppy. I can actually see them now and it is smooth. That for me is a win.

Oh yeah! It is a lot smoother now for sure. Sometimes on JB it would get so clunky and look like it was struggling to stay caught up with what was going on on the screen. I have not had that problem now since KitKat has been installed. Nice and fluid when you switch screens and no lag with the camera now.

gobyray

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

...and this is why you root!
As I've mentioned in previous posts the only reason I unrooted and went back to stock was to get the OTA Update, now that has completed it's back to root and I finally have day off to play with custom ROM's (however, unless something blows me away, I'll stay stock rooted and modify to my hearts content with ROMToolboxPro).

rcdietz1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

If some of the only complaints we have are the color of the menus, or locksreen features, I'd say we should all be pretty satisfied! Even the stock music player displays cover art in a small window, havn't checked other players, they probably due too. If your screen is locked, how much info do you really need? Just root your phone, then use romtoolbox, or many other available app, and you can change virtually anything, any color, theme, status bar feature, etc. that you want. All you have to do is root, you don't have to install or play with any custom roms, if you don't want to, you can stay stock and still make changes.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If some of the only complaints we have are the color of the menus, or locksreen features, I'd say we should all be pretty satisfied!

I agree. Having watched the main LG G2 forum and all the problems people are having with the update on t-mobile and AT&T, I think we got off very well (thanks sprint and lg).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

There are a few things I wanted in this update.
My list:
5.5" 2k screen
805 processor
3 GB ram
Ext SD card slot up to 128 GB
16 mp camera w ois
3500 mah battery
Maybe we will get it in July/August. #readyfortheG3!

Otherwise until then knock code would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty