Help! Stuck at boot?

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just rooted my phone, installed paid apps, and download ROM Manager.

I tried to backup my stock rooted rom, but it said I needed to flash clockworkmod recovery. So I did that, then selected backup rom, selected Nexus S 4G as my device, then named it.

Now, it is stuck at the Google logo with lock screen. It has been like that for a little over 10 minutes. Does it usually take this long?

What should I do?

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, pulled the battery and turned it on. Booted up just fine.

Does anyone know what happened?

I wanted to try flashing CM7, but now I'm not so sure...

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I used the one click method.

Also, I remember that it asked for superuser privileges sometime during the backup.

Could that have affected it?

Edit: Also, I didn't restart after flashing CWM. I wasn't aware I had to, but now it seems like it would have been a good idea xD

Last edited:

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just tried backing up again, and it got stuck at the Google logo. I waited ten minutes, then pulled the battery, and it boots up fine.

Rom manager recognizes I have CWM flashed, too. Should I try flashing CWM again? Is it possible it got corrupted or something?

evilhugbear

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I decided to flash CWM again. I rebooted after that, selected backup, but it is still stuck at the Google logo!

This is getting annoying :(.

Anyone know what to do? I want to experiment with CM7, but I won't mess with roms until I have a backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty