[ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 eruroskank KANGS

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source/Link: [ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 eruroskank KANGS

Just as the title says... CM9 kangs for the NS4G... Check em out!

Latest build 12/14/11

In addition to what is already listed below for previous build Cherry Picks...

* BusyBox: Fix building nslookup against AOSP bionic
* Contacts: Dialpad : T9 Dialer
* WPA: Revert Add missing code in wpa_driver_nl80211_probe_req_report

Build 12/12/11

** Cherry-Picks **
Common *

Framework: Remove useless PowerDialog class *
Framework: SystemUI: Fix data activity overlay not being removed when data is disabled *
Launcher2: Preferences: Show Page Indicator (Workspace) *
Launcher2: Preferences: Fade Page Indicator (Workspace) *
Launcher2: Rename Launcher to Trebuchet * Launcher2: Preferences Show/Fade Page Indicator (AllApps) *
Launcher2: PagedView: Transition Effects Optimizations + Cleanup *
Launcher2: Remove LauncherRotationStressTest

Device * Crespo/4g: Update binary kernel *
Crespo/4g: Data usage limit/reporting enabled

** Fixes **

* MMS: MMS should be able to be received

** Notes ** * WiMax / 4G does not work at this point

Myself or Android Central take no credit to this, only passing it along for you to enjoy.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed the latest version.. So far so good.. Will report back later with some results...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You still having luck with it? First install my Market wasn't working. I tried a few things to get it working but no dice. Second attempt market worked but things were buggy. It did seem to run much snappier though. I think I'll stick with Asop's build for now.

Until the official nightlies for CM9 come out; or, he doesn't update for a while and I need my GPS back; which, I go back to GB. Again, almost thinking about going back for now cause I grabbed the sweet 10 cent deal on SimCity; except, it doesn't work on this ICS build for some reason. Locks up. Works great on GB though. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So far a few hours into this build and its not much different from the AOSP builds of ICS. Only real visual changes I see is some options associated with the stock launcher but that is about it. I was hoping for the notification control bar since the Nexus S had it in their CM 9 kangs but it hasn't been filtered down to us yet :(

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So far a few hours into this build and its not much different from the AOSP builds of ICS. Only real visual changes I see is some options associated with the stock launcher but that is about it. I was hoping for the notification control bar since the Nexus S had it in their CM 9 kangs but it hasn't been filtered down to us yet :(

As much as I want to run stock ICS when it comes out I'll probably dive into some official CM9 releases just for that reason.

Could have been me not giving it a minute or so; but, it really bugged out on me. So I gave up for now. Weird how it works though. Good for you buggy for me. Like my GPS problem which keeps coming and going; but, wasn't there on the cm9 build.

I have my backup and restore set up to do just that ala Google. However, every time I change ICS roms it never restores when I log in. Does it just not work; or, do I alone have another bug? lol.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Google backup seems to restore Google apps for me. I depend on Titanium which
puts everything back thru Batch Restore. It doubles on some of the Googles, so I
just skip and don't replace those.

And I have been getting good at this going between the ICS roms!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I lost wifi at some point during the night, I was swapping some kernels out so I'm sure its of my own doing with the kernel swaps.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Google backup seems to restore Google apps for me. I depend on Titanium which
puts everything back thru Batch Restore. It doubles on some of the Googles, so I
just skip and don't replace those.

And I have been getting good at this going between the ICS roms!!

Ive had nothing but headaches with titanium. I dont like it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try the new build? I'm gonna try it now. Was just about to go for a run outside; but, stopped because my GPS wasn't working on Asop's v26, again. lol.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's nothing; and, maybe someone here knows what it is; but, Chinese letters bug me. L O L! I know I've seen this icon before; just don't remember what it was....

Screenshot_2011-12-14-16-56-57.png

Edit: I disabled it; it wasn't disabled by default. (I'm not in this build anymore. Was still having GPS issues and that bugged me, lol).

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's nothing; and, maybe someone here knows what it is; but, Chinese letters bug me. L O L! I know I've seen this icon before; just don't remember what it was....

Click to view quoted image

Edit: I disabled it; it wasn't disabled by default. (I'm not in this build anymore. Was still having GPS issues and that bugged me, lol).

I uninstalled it using the terminal.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays