Won't connect to computer anymore?

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My computer will not recognize my Nexux S 4G anymore all of a sudden? I tried a new cable and differnet port and still nothing? Does anyone know what I can do or is there an alternative way to do this?

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My computer will not recognize my Nexux S 4G anymore all of a sudden? I tried a new cable and differnet port and still nothing? Does anyone know what I can do or is there an alternative way to do this?

What, exactly, are you trying to do? Transfer files? Root? Charge?

Does your phone charge with charging cable (maybe the phone's USB port is broken)?

If you're just transferring files, there are definitely work arounds (Dropbox or other cloud device, setting up phone as network drive over WiFi, etc.). If you're trying to Root, I don't know that there's a work around to having physical access via USB cable.

Have you tried with a different computer?

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Tried a different computer and when I plug it in it says that the USB device you are trying to connect is not working properly?

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it charge normally?

Are you rooted? Are you running a custom ROM or kernel? Did you change any of these before the USB stopped working?

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not rooted. Everything is stock. it just started doin thsi last week. it does charge but no usb icon so I cannot copy files etc.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Have you downloaded drivers from Samsung? Go to there site, find device, download the drivers. It takes
FOREVER, so be patient. This might fix whatever is finicky.

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is the story:
First call to Sprint tech support and nothing. He asked me to bring it to a Sprint store. Brought it to the sprint store and they said to go to Sprint.com/downloads and download the driver as you said above. Went there and no drivers so I went to the samsung site and they had no drivers. Called Samsung tech support and he said there are no drivers for that phone so there must be another issue with it but didn't know what it was. Called Sprint tech support back and they said there are a lot of issues like this but no fixes yet. He wants me to try a reset and if that does not work the ywill replace the phone. I am undecided as to what to do next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non