How do I change ringtones from files I've created?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Google Music app on my phone, but for some reason it doesn't have the ringtone set option on it. How do I change the ringtone to the one I created and sent to my phone? I am logged out of GV if that effects anything.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Google Music app on my phone, but for some reason it doesn't have the ringtone set option on it. How do I change the ringtone to the one I created and sent to my phone? I am logged out of GV if that effects anything.

Download one of the SD card file managers to go and search for it in your phone. You should be able to select what to do with it from there. Else wise, if it is in only the google music app, then it is not actually stored on your phone but in the "cloud":confused:.

But i would think its safe to assume that you do have it on the phone and just cant find it, astro file it is.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the Astro file manager and I did that by going into my downloads folder. But one of the other ringtones is actually on my phone I think since all my music is backed up into the cloud and on my laptop.