Seriously, no one else's browser is crashing when they edit text?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've asked this question before; and, it appeared that no one else has even seen this issue. Nor, could they reproduce it.

I'll ask again though because it's really bothering me. I've done data clears and factory resets (for something else) and still this issue prevails. It happens here the most (On the mobile site). Maybe because I'm here the most; but, none the less It's happening.

This happened 3 times to me last night. I'll go step by step. And note: that the cursor is not near the scroll tab. Different line; different places. Does anyone else notice this?

First, I hit quote. I click the text box. Then, I scroll down the text box. Then I start typing. Then. I make a mistake and click the cursor back to where the mistake is and. CRASH!

Happened three times.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've asked this question before; and, it appeared that no one else has even seen this issue. Nor, could they reproduce it.

I'll ask again though because it's really bothering me. I've done data clears and factory resets (for something else) and still this issue prevails. It happens here the most (On the mobile site). Maybe because I'm here the most; but, none the less It's happening.

This happened 3 times to me last night. I'll go step by step. And note: that the cursor is not near the scroll tab. Different line; different places. Does anyone else notice this?

First, I hit quote. I click the text box. Then, I scroll down the text box. Then I start typing. Then. I make a mistake and click the cursor back to where the mistake is and. CRASH!

Happened three times.

I am replying from the browser to this and have gone back and edited this post with no crashing. The cursor and text selectuons are not working, the cursor is all over the place for me too.

EDIT: I am using Swiftkey if that makes a difference.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Seriously, no one else's browser is crashing when they edit t

I am replying from the browser to this and have gone back and edited this post with no crashing. The cursor and text selectuons are not working, the cursor is all over the place for me too.

EDIT: I am using Swiftkey if that makes a difference.

I don't think it makes a difference; unless, that keyboard isn't causing issues like the stock keyboard; and, swype keyboard are for me. I thought it was swypes fault at first (in the past, haven't used in months) but apparently it's not.

Hmm, I can't believe no one else is having this issue.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I have noticed that happening to me also. If I try to correct or backspace the cursor is everywhere but where I need it to be and yes it crashes. It just spelled jet instead if just tried to correct... it crashed!!! I'm using flexT9 keyboard.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Alright, someone else. Finally. First person I know that has this issue. I wonder what it is. Your using a different keyboard. So I don't think it's the keyboard; but, why isn't it happening to other people. Weird. I'm gonna post on Google and see if anyone else has the issue.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna post on Google and see if anyone else has the issue.[/QUOTE said:
This is really weird, the text selectors are all goofy, but still can't make it crash. I read your Google post and duplicated the procedure that causes your crash but can't make my browser crash. I posted on your Google tread to support it see if they notice.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I have noticed on this site when I out comments into the text field that the cursors can get messed up, but other than that I haven't had any crashes.

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I just had the Market crash on me while I was typing in the search bar. It's the only time it's ever happened.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

My browser crashes whenever I attempt to upload anything more than 6/7 photo at a time. Never had issues with text other than the text selector being far less than perfect.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Instead of posting here, all with issues related to the browser crashing should go and post on BlackHawk's Google forum thread so we can bring this to the attention of Google employees.

Yes, please do. I post frequently on there and rarely get a response from anyone notable. I think out of all the threads of started: but one has gotten a response from a Google Employee. And the only reason I think that was - was because money was on the line from book purchases; and, one person had responded to an issues with a side issue of having to RETURN a book for a REFUND.

I really wish their customer service and support was better. I wonder how they do it. Whether someone is sitting their reading through posts; or, they use algorithms to determine hot topics, lol.